Brexit, for once some facts.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Our Government attempting a smokescreen yet again
https://www.lbcnews.co.uk/uk-news/chinese-covid-19-disinformation-campaign-lives/

Disinformation from China and other countries about the Covid-19 pandemic is hindering the fight against the disease and costing lives, MPs have warned.

Right from the outset of the coronavirus pandemic, Beijing set out to "obfuscate" what was really happening.

Politicians from the Commons Foreign Affairs Committee said that China should have played a central role in collecting data on its spread as the country when the outbreak started.

You have to ask , if they think this is wrong, why did they do the very same thing immediately we had an outbreak and continue with lies and deceit on a daily basis?

And the Express are part of this shifting of the blame campaign
"
Disinformation from China and other countries about the Covid-19 pandemic is hindering the fight against the disease and costing lives, MPs have warned.

Right from the outset of the coronavirus pandemic, Beijing set out to "obfuscate" what was really happening.

Politicians from the Commons Foreign Affairs Committee said that China should have played a central role in collecting data on its spread as the country when the outbreak started.
China haven’t acted properly during this outbreak. They should have been more transparent, as should our own government. I think there is slightly more onus on China to be more cooperative because the filthy little fuckers stated it with their sub-human culture.

Last edited:

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Even the disclaimer is confusing. Is Day 0 the day on which 50 deaths were reported, or the first day for which 50 deaths were reported?

Given the lag we are seeing here between death and reporting of death, the difference could be considerable.
It’s probably the best that can be achieved given that different countries count and report differently and with varying speed.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
It’s probably the best that can be achieved given that different countries count and report differently and with varying speed.
I was understanding that the countries have different issues counting and reporting, but I felt the disclaimer itself was poorly stated.

Do they re-base the graph if it is shown that a country actually hit 50 deaths two/three/four weeks earlier than had initially been reported?

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
China haven’t acted properly during this outbreak. They should have been more transparent, as should our own government. I think there is slightly more onus on China to be more cooperative because the filthy little fuckers stated it with their sub-human culture.
Define properly ?There was confusion and some obstruction in Hubei in the period late November till mid December when there were a few cases of a highly persistent Flu 1 or ,2 cases presenting Daily. . It was late December before there were 50 cases. And the authorities started getting involved. By involved means hiding, obstruction and denying to themselves But the Central Authorities in Beijing got to hear of it at the around December 29 and had it sussed ,and told the World by January 2 .. They had their Cheltenham moment also.. but unlike the UK ,they CANCELLED the Chinese New Year, and went into lockdown.
The USA had their first clusters weeks later ..in Seattle , and castigated the researcher.
The Italians were extremely unlucky , getting it into a tourist area,at exactly winter sports time...

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The right wing are trying everything to drum up support of "Poor Boris" who is trying to be brave and competent, my response was simply this

I do hope he gets better, so he can face an inquiry

• Agree
Reactions: Wicky and oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

LBC

@LBC

·
3h

This caller lived through World War II and told Nick Ferrari that living through the coronavirus lockdown is tougher than living through the Blitz. We could listen to her remarkable stories all day.
@NickFerrariLBC
| #Coronavirus

"Living through coronavirus lockdown is tougher than the Blitz": WWII survivor
This woman who lived through World War II told Nick Ferrari that living through the coronavirus lockdown is tougher than living through the

my response
Propaganda of the worst sort.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The Tory Vermin are really trying to avoid blame with this sort of thing

They are fortunate that the people who vote for them are motivated by greed not intelligence, and supported them even after years of them trying to sell off the NHS and control it with Tory stooges.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Even the disclaimer is confusing. Is Day 0 the day on which 50 deaths were reported, or the first day for which 50 deaths were reported?

Given the lag we are seeing here between death and reporting of death, the difference could be considerable.
Deaths occur for a variety of reasons and unless there is extreme clarity, can be attributed to other causes.. CV19 could be the underlying cause for a range of other deaths,.. or conversely CV19 might be blamed for for a COPD death?. Moreover Deaths need not be registered for a couple of weeks after the event... I think it is 3 months

• Agree
  • :D
Reactions: flecc and POLLY

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Same here, went for walk in the countryside outside village, young couple and child defiantly walked straight at me until I backed off as far as possible, teens stared mockingly as I gave large mixed group wide berth. what is it? Denial? perhaps minds will focus if a few contemporary celebrities die. Knobheadedness (did stupid things myself once but stopped short of killing the old)? Maybe lifestyle been too good for too long and their like fat lab rats that dont know how to judge danger.
It makes no difference whether they were within one foot of you as they passed , the contact zone is fleeting. Even were they infected ..say 2% risk, and were within your range of 2 metres for 2 seconds, the exposure is minimal. You can hold your breath for 5 seconds?.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
It makes no difference whether they were within one foot of you as they passed , the contact zone is fleeting. Even were they infected ..say 2% risk, and were within your range of 2 metres for 2 seconds, the exposure is minimal. You can hold your breath for 5 seconds?.
I don't agree with your analysis there.

Someone walks past and releases some viral material - you don't have to breathe it in - just attaching to your face so that you later transfer it yourself is sufficent, I believe. Holding breath might help, a little, but I certainly don't think it is an answer.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I don't agree with your analysis there.

Someone walks past and releases some viral material - you don't have to breathe it in - just attaching to your face so that you later transfer it yourself is sufficent, I believe. Holding breath might help, a little, but I certainly don't think it is an answer.
Viral load .... Matters a lot. These things are a matter of probability . A breath contains hundreds of particles, an active phlem globule millions , ..from evidence of flus . The virus deactivates when dessicated ..the outside of the skin tends to be dry and warm, so the liquid in the virus will evaporate. . The points of attack are the wet parts of the body.. eyes, nose ,open mouth.
I would be much more concerned if the encounter was in an enclosed tunnel or roofed walkway, where humidity is higher, and evaporation less.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I can't help but wonder at the mentalilty which tweeted as below. A PM of a country in the current disastrous situation and we are supposed to care about his spirits while goodness knows how many more die and are bereaved. Also that he is keeping in touch with his team but not, so we are left to assume, his ill and pregnant girlfriend.

Last night, on the advice of my doctor, I went into hospital for some routine tests as I’m still experiencing coronavirus symptoms. I’m in good spirits and keeping in touch with my team, as we work together to fight this virus and keep everyone safe.

As I undertsand Varadkar found a different and much more accceptable way of getting into a hospital.

Last edited:

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Boris Johnson says he is in "good spirits" after spending the night in hospital with coronavirus.

The UK no longer has a deputy prime minister - the last one was Nick Clegg, under David Cameron. Dominic Raab - as first secretary of state - would be expected to step up.

His position as foreign secretary, however, has not put him at the centre of the fight against coronavirus.

It would seem likely therefore that the two figures expected to take a key role would be Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove and Health Secretary Matt Hancock.

It'll be like a tory version of The Death of Stalin

Last edited:
Reactions: flecc and oyster

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Boris Johnson says he is in "good spirits" after spending the night in hospital with coronavirus.

The UK no longer has a deputy prime minister - the last one was Nick Clegg, under David Cameron. Dominic Raab - as first secretary of state - would be expected to step up.

His position as foreign secretary, however, has not put him at the centre of the fight against coronavirus.

It would seem likely therefore that the two figures expected to take a key role would be Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove and Health Secretary Matt Hancock.

It'll be like a tory version of The Death of Stalin

The midday news said Raab has stepped up and is chairing a meeting.

Advertisers