Brexit, for once some facts.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Surely you can do better than that in the vitriolic stakes..
1. Lets see a person sends 25 dollars to a woman candidate ,and that person is also a woman.... There were a lot of women hoping for the first female US President.
2. US dates sometime confuse.. was that 2006 or 2001? But any way there was a minor domestic disturbance between a man and his wife either a decade or four years ago, then a domestic object was thrown.

It takes a lot of effort to convert that into a politically motivated murder, but you have suceeded .. so congratulations.
We'll see who's right. Apparently, the police have now become interested in this case.

Reactions: oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You know the saying:

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, again.
Ah so grasshopper
but where government gets involved there is more to this wisdom

"If at first you don't succeed
Get someone else involved to share the blame,
And then cover up any trace that proves you ever made the attempt"
Omm...omm...

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
On Twitter just now
As Queen Elizabeth II gears up to give the fourth address of her reign, Nigel Farage believes she can lift the spirits of the world during the coronavirus crisis. @Nigel_Farage | #QueensSpeech https://l-bc.co/2V0xlxr

Replying to @LBC and @Nigel_Farage

oldgroaner
oldgroaner@oldgroaner

To ensure that people understand the message that it is vital not to make unnecessary journeys, the Queen is making a rousing speech from her second or third home.

:cool:

Reactions: Wicky and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
  • :D
Reactions: oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
  • Informative
Reactions: flecc and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Well, who is surprised?

Hertfordshire hospital forced to consider who should be refused oxygen

Watford general hospital declared a critical incident on Saturday over pressure to vital supplies

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
As it appeared very quiet at lunchtime I thought I'd try a fourth attempt at a safe exercise walk in my estate.

Walking along the 800 metre stretch of road I mentioned above, I saw 18 vehicles and 24 pedestrians which was far quieter than usual but still many interactions. Again I was the only one attempting to ensure separation.

One trio coming towards me on the empty opposite pavement did the opposite, stupidly crossing the road to be in front of me at a bottleneck in the 1.3 metre pavement between a wall and parked vehicles. I immediately turned past the rear of a van to pass them in the road, but a cyclist was coming by at that point so he passed me almost face to face. Can't win. During that short walk I saw that two of the groupings were clearly from two households, pairs of women with their own children, and when another woman met a couple they stopped to chat close up.

And to cap it, at the end of the road a white van pulled out into the main road in front of a roadie cyclist, almost knocking him off. Cue loud yells of protest from the roadie.

Instead of going back that way, I used the exit road to an entry into another part of the estate on a footpath through housing with no road alongside. That is too narrow for a two metre separation, but one young couple approaching obligingly turned into a side path and stood some four metres back while I passed. I waved my thanks with a smile and got the same back, it was nice to see someone really getting the message for a change.

But overall I'm afraid separation continues to fail.
I don’t think we’ve had enough death to reinforce the massage, yet.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
If the Tory party last for a thousand hours Conservatives shall still say
"This was the Daily Express's Finest hour"
"
BBC's Laura Kuenssberg exposes 'brutal' backlash against Boris Johnson over coronavirus
BBC'S Laura Kuenssberg revealed the brutal and unsympathetic response Boris Johnson is receiving over two crucial coronavirus issues.

And the paper has employed an army of drones to write reader comments in support of the "splendid " job Boris isn't doing as he languishes on his deathbead.
From which divine providence will save him (when it is safe to emerge)
It's all the fault of the bureaucrats ..
Here is a sample
" This is a war - we wouldn't send soldiers to fight an enemy without weapons but that is what is happening now - Johnson set out what he wanted to happen, the Management and support staff in those organisations should have made it happen - they haven't - at least not yet. "

That looks very like a propaganda release from the ministry for fake news to me.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh and flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
If the Tory party last for a thousand hours Conservatives shall still say
"This was the Daily Express's Finest hour"
"
BBC's Laura Kuenssberg exposes 'brutal' backlash against Boris Johnson over coronavirus
BBC'S Laura Kuenssberg revealed the brutal and unsympathetic response Boris Johnson is receiving over two crucial coronavirus issues.

And the paper has employed an army of drones to write reader comments in support of the "splendid " job Boris isn't doing as he languishes on his deathbead.
From which divine providence will save him (when it is safe to emerge)
It's all the fault of the bureaucrats ..
Here is a sample
" This is a war - we wouldn't send soldiers to fight an enemy without weapons but that is what is happening now - Johnson set out what he wanted to happen, the Management and support staff in those organisations should have made it happen - they haven't - at least not yet. "

That looks very like a propaganda release from the ministry for fake news to me.
Just had a quick read. (Then washed my hands and eyeballs.) Not nearly brutal enough.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
As it appeared very quiet at lunchtime I thought I'd try a fourth attempt at a safe exercise walk in my estate.

Walking along the 800 metre stretch of road I mentioned above, I saw 18 vehicles and 24 pedestrians which was far quieter than usual but still many interactions. Again I was the only one attempting to ensure separation.

One trio coming towards me on the empty opposite pavement did the opposite, stupidly crossing the road to be in front of me at a bottleneck in the 1.3 metre pavement between a wall and parked vehicles. I immediately turned past the rear of a van to pass them in the road, but a cyclist was coming by at that point so he passed me almost face to face. Can't win. During that short walk I saw that two of the groupings were clearly from two households, pairs of women with their own children, and when another woman met a couple they stopped to chat close up.

And to cap it, at the end of the road a white van pulled out into the main road in front of a roadie cyclist, almost knocking him off. Cue loud yells of protest from the roadie.

Instead of going back that way, I used the exit road to an entry into another part of the estate on a footpath through housing with no road alongside. That is too narrow for a two metre separation, but one young couple approaching obligingly turned into a side path and stood some four metres back while I passed. I waved my thanks with a smile and got the same back, it was nice to see someone really getting the message for a change.

But overall I'm afraid separation continues to fail.
Same here, went for walk in the countryside outside village, young couple and child defiantly walked straight at me until I backed off as far as possible, teens stared mockingly as I gave large mixed group wide berth. what is it? Denial? perhaps minds will focus if a few contemporary celebrities die. Knobheadedness (did stupid things myself once but stopped short of killing the old)? Maybe lifestyle been too good for too long and their like fat lab rats that dont know how to judge danger.

Advertisers