West West Wales
  • Informative
Reactions: Nev

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Boris should consider this very capable and way over qualified genius as his press spokesman

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53568610

Donald Trump said US Covid-19 deaths were lower “than the world” in an interview with Axios on HBO overnight, as America’s death toll surpassed 155,000 and continued to be the world’s highest total.

The president also declined to compare deaths by population with other countries, and told Axios’s Jonathan Swan that ”you can’t do that”.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Boris should consider this very capable and way over qualified genius as his press spokesman

Donald Trump said US Covid-19 deaths were lower “than the world” in an interview with Axios on HBO overnight, as America’s death toll surpassed 155,000 and continued to be the world’s highest total.

The president also declined to compare deaths by population with other countries, and told Axios’s Jonathan Swan that ”you can’t do that”.
Just read 'Too Much and Never Enough'; actually skimmed rather than read most of it, as it was very boring. Basically it told in several hundred pages what we already know; that Trump is an unscrupulous shameless lying *** (choose your own *** in as many letters as you like).

What I don't understand is how 41.3% of Americans can approve.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Just read 'Too Much and Never Enough'; actually skimmed rather than read most of it, as it was very boring. Basically it told in several hundred pages what we already know; that Trump is an unscrupulous shameless lying *** (choose your own *** in as many letters as you like).

“I read in the newspapers they are going to have 30 minutes of intellectual stuff on television every Monday from 7:30 to 8. to educate America. They couldn't educate America if they started at 6:30.”
― Groucho Marx

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

Obviously listened to Johnson saying not to compare the UK with rest of world.

Funny how we are supposed not to do that for covid-19 cases and deaths but are supposed to appreciate the world-beating app, testing, tracing, etc., ...

Comparisons are odious. But not as odious as not doing comparisons. Or our current government.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Currently the odious Duncan Smith is ranting on about the unfairness of the WA, forgetting his previous remarks about it.

Which makes his present position that of a person who broke wind only to find he had "Followed through"

Here is my tweeted response
oldgroaner@oldgroaner

Replying to
@RemainerNow
and

@mrjamesob
What a man, I.D.S. the Tory genius, when he is not picking his nose he agrees to a deal "No prime minister should agree to" and claims he knew it intimately Which makes his present position that of a person who broke wind only to find he had "Followed through" :cool:

Last edited:

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018

Well, a majority of us looked at boris and thought "there goes a fine man", a "leader of ******* men".

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Well, a majority of us looked at boris and thought "there goes a fine man", a "leader of ******* men".
Very true, Boris's party got more votes than any other party; Trump got fewer votes than Clinton. Looks like Britain does have another world beater, world's stupidest nation.

• Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
may be they wanted to vote for the party, not the man.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Here's a funny one I meant to post a while back. A neighbour of mine recently went out with his mates to a boozer not far away, apparently it was almost empty as many pubs still are. It was so quiet they all threw a few quid into a music machine to create a bit of atmosphere. As the sound was rather low my friend requested the landlady (can I still use that term) turn the volume up a bit so they could enjoy the sounds. Amazingly she said no, under gov. orders music in pubs must be kept to minimum volume so as not to encourage customers to sing which would necessitate open mouths and above average breath dispersal !
Sound absolutely ridiculous but straight up that's what he was told.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Here's a funny one I meant to post a while back. A neighbour of mine recently went out with his mates to a boozer not far away, apparently it was almost empty as many pubs still are. It was so quiet they all threw a few quid into a music machine to create a bit of atmosphere. As the sound was rather low my friend requested the landlady (can I still use that term) turn the volume up a bit so they could enjoy the sounds. Amazingly she said no, under gov. orders music in pubs must be kept to minimum volume so as not to encourage customers to sing which would necessitate open mouths and above average breath dispersal !
Sound absolutely ridiculous but straight up that's what he was told.
Seems to check out! But shouting rather than singing.

Pubs and restaurants should keep music at a low volume to avoid people needing to shout, which increases the risk of transmission from tiny droplets in the air, known as aerosols.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53161280

Perhaps they should reduce the price of a track? Half the volume - half the cost.

Reactions: RossG

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
If the reviews are real, they are talking about 50, 62, 75 km/h. Which is pretty fast on a skateboard with a stick.

I suspect that at least some of those who are so pleased as the speed will come a cropper - eventually.

Last edited:

Advertisers