Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I would not be surprised at all to find that Cummings made a second trip to Durham around April the 19th. I would however be extremely surprised if we were ever to find out that he had.
The evidence that really matters is that a coward deserted his responsibility and ran from no 10 clutching his belongs when he realised Boris had made a fool of himself.
That should have cost him his job
Desertion in the face of the enemy

Reactions: oyster

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Laugh of the day: Fat-arse Patel is to, “send in the navy” to turn back migrants and other chancers floating across the channel on air beds and similar forms of raft. How is that going to work then? What happens when the HMS Sir Henry Cuntwhistle finds a brown coloured man floating on a lilo mid channel? How do they, “send him back?”

I suspect this announcement is designed to appeal to the Mail readers, and like everything else, has been made without any thought regarding how it will actually be carried out. In a few weeks, the weather will turn and the number of crossings will decline naturally. Fat-arse will claim that as her doing. Patel has been aware of the problem for months and has done absolutely nothing, except sit on her fat arse and let her fat arse get even fatter.

Last edited:
  • Agree

daveboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2012
pontefract
I would not be surprised at all to find that Cummings made a second trip to Durham around April the 19th. I would however be extremely surprised if we were ever to find out that he had.
This story lost momentum when thousands of BLM supporters took to the streets. Apart from the main stream media, nobody cares.

• Disagree

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Anyone know the rules for quarantine and driving from Denmark via Belgium. (friends setting out about now)
Typical government confusion, no information to be found on government website.
Best I can find is ...

I am driving back from the Netherlands/Germany through Belgium to France for my Channel crossing. Must I quarantine?
If you stop and leave your car while in Belgium, you would certainly count as having visited Belgium and must self-isolate on return to the UK.

If you drive straight through, not stopping to refuel or for any other purpose, you may be exempt. The Department for Transport (DfT) has not explicitly said one way or the other. I am urgently seeking clarification from the DfT.

Should quarantine be required, it will persuade many holidaymakers to go the long way around, avoiding both Belgium and Luxembourg (which has also lost its exemption. This will add many hundreds of miles and hours to the journey.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Anyone know the rules for quarantine and driving from Denmark via Belgium. (friends setting out about now)
Typical government confusion, no information to be found on government website.
Best I can find is ...

I am driving back from the Netherlands/Germany through Belgium to France for my Channel crossing. Must I quarantine?
If you stop and leave your car while in Belgium, you would certainly count as having visited Belgium and must self-isolate on return to the UK.

If you drive straight through, not stopping to refuel or for any other purpose, you may be exempt. The Department for Transport (DfT) has not explicitly said one way or the other. I am urgently seeking clarification from the DfT.

Should quarantine be required, it will persuade many holidaymakers to go the long way around, avoiding both Belgium and Luxembourg (which has also lost its exemption. This will add many hundreds of miles and hours to the journey.
I don't think anyone is bothered anymore. Just do what's most convenient for you. **** everyone else.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Fat-arse will claim that as her doing. Patel has been aware of the problem for months and has done absolutely nothing, except sit on her fat arse and let her fat arse get even fatter.
true but there is little anyone can do about it after they have left French coastal waters.
Best to work out what we should do when they are here.

Should they be sent to Uyghur style schools?

• :D
Reactions: flecc

grldtnr

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
south east Essex
Saw that this morning

Massive big con and fraud

To be effective these types of face mask need to fit tightly to create a seal between the mask and the wearer's face.

I wonder what was tested and verified, compared to what was supplied.

It is not clear what will happen now to the 50 million masks.

Ebay em at a quid each - sold as seen , no returns ;-)
Who's at fault here ,the seller or the buyer?
My money is on the buyer, obviously didn't research the quality of the masks in question!

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
true but there is little anyone can do about it after they have left French coastal waters.
Best to work out what we should do when they are here.

France are complicit in the illegal activity and the French authorities are working hand-in-glove with the smuggling gangs. The people picked up in the channel should be returned to the EU. It would make for an ugly scene, but they should be forcibly returned immediately, no appeals.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That would certainly solve the problem, the desire to come here would quickly disappear. Best as an EU wide policy though, the whole problem gone and nobody ill treated if they didn't migrate to Europe.

Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
but they should be forcibly returned immediately, no appeals.
if you want France to keep those who want to flee, we should consider doing same.
Let's close all the refugee detention places - at Heathrow for example.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
if you want France to keep those who want to flee, we should consider doing same.
There is no problem with people fleeing the U.K. on airbeds or hanging onto lorry axels to get into France, we keep them, they stay here. France should do the same, not work with and assist the trafficking gangs.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
There is no problem with people fleeing the U.K. on airbeds or hanging onto lorry axels to get into France, we keep them, they stay here. France should do the same, not work with and assist the trafficking gangs.
Ah, that old hoary horse chestnut, fleeing the UK. In my experience what happen is that people feel miserable, hate their colleagues (with all the incestuous office politics in uk organisations), the weather (even if it's good for now, there's a long dark winter) and dare I say perennial mismanagement by corrupt inept government. Then, as soon as they have enough money (and usually significant health issues triggered by the joy of living in the uk) they **** off to Spain, Greece, the Caribbean ABE (anywhere but england). Brexit makes all of this more challenging. But i know it well, I'm three years from early retirement.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Ah, that old hoary horse chestnut, fleeing the UK. In my experience what happen is that people feel miserable, hate their colleagues (with all the incestuous office politics in uk organisations), the weather (even if it's good for now, there's a long dark winter) and dare I say perennial mismanagement by corrupt inept government. Then, as soon as they have enough money (and usually significant health issues triggered by the joy of living in the uk) they **** off to Spain, Greece, the Caribbean ABE (anywhere but england). Brexit makes all of this more challenging. But i know it well, I'm three years from early retirement.
When retirement day arrives, will you be making your way out of the U.K. and onwards to Greece by air bed, modified inflatable paddling pool or lorry axel? I suppose you could deploy all the options?

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
When retirement day arrives, will you be making your way out of the U.K. and on to Greece by air bed, modified inflatable paddling pool or lorry axel?
Probably by quite knackered old ex charter Bavaria 38. Which, to be honest, isnt all that much safer than an airbed
Edit - and following brexit and boris's handling of covid I could well end up applying for asylum in southern Sudan en route

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's just been announced that those recently arrived have been detained in asylum centres and will be flown back to France and Germany next week in accordance with EU rules that they should have sought asylum in those countries or the first EU country they arrived in.

Advertisers