Brexit, for once some facts.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Well I'm watching sky news and they are saying no such thing.
A Sky News banner running along the bottom of our tv screens is saying Boris Johnson is holding a press conference at 5pm.
There is no mention of a lockdown on that banner. Earlier a News announcer said a lockdown would be announced at 4pm which as we know was later changed to 5pm. BBC News suggesting a month long lockdown, independent news sources reporting all sorts of scenarios.

• :D
  • Informative
Reactions: oyster and POLLY

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
A Sky News banner running along the bottom of our tv screens is saying Boris Johnson is holding a press conference at 5pm.
There is no mention of a lockdown on that banner. Earlier a News announcer said a lockdown would be announced at 4pm which as we know was later changed to 5pm. BBC News suggesting a month long lockdown, independent news sources reporting all sorts of scenarios.

Breaking news.

Lock down ends December 2nd

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and POLLY

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
I'm hearing Schools & Colleges will remain open, considering that's how most of the infection was spread around how will this make much difference.
I know of one Student hall of residence that had 150-200 of it's "guests" carrying the pox, another was mentioned on the News with 500. My partner did suggest that if this virus caused skin blotches & marking people would be more inclined to obey the rules and keep their heads down.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I'm hearing Schools & Colleges will remain open, considering that's how most of the infection was spread around how will this make much difference.
I know of one Student hall of residence that had 150-200 of it's "guests" carrying the pox, another was mentioned on the News with 500. My partner did suggest that if this virus caused skin blotches & marking people would be more inclined to obey the rules and keep their heads down.
The parents are worse than the kids. Driving 3/4 mile to school in an Evoke with children from several households on board. Then they are yacking and talking shite in big groups at the school gates.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
But with this swiftly mutating virus, will it be Flu vaccine mark 2, a new one and fresh jab every year?
Yes I think your probably right. I think I have read that the initial vaccines being developed may well need a booster a few weeks after the first injection. Lets hope that they do actually work effectively and are safe otherwise its going to be very difficult to see a straightforward way out of all this.

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Regarding the Downing St. briefing is Boris waiting for DC to come back from another visit up north to tell him what to say. I think its been delayed twice now so far.

Reactions: oyster

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
He's got quite a lot of competition. Tim Farron for one.
I thought Tim Farron was ok. Jo Swindon was a complete disaster. She had a golden opportunity, but squandered it by getting sidetracked with bollicks policies that nobody was interested in except her.

Reactions: oyster

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
The parents are worse than the kids. Driving 3/4 mile to school in an Evoke with children from several households on board. Then they are yacking and talking shite in big groups at the school gates.
I don't mind women being women - it's when the men copy them that I get annoyed.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Corbyn was the worst leader of a mainstream political party in my lifetime.
And, by inference, boris the best. I have the opposite view: this electorate that voted for brexit, boris - and would again after their grannies died and their long term unemployed children have long covid and the uk has become the peripheral archaic, irrelevant nut house on the global stage its rapidly becoming - are, without a shadow of doubt, the most stupid ***** I've encountered in my lifetime.

Reactions: POLLY

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk

As has been reported in the news since September the virus will spread where the opportunity presents and humans gather ... surprise surprise
  • There has been growth in all age groups over the past two weeks; older teenagers and young adults continue to have the highest current rates while rates appear to be steeply increasing among secondary school children.

Advertisers