Brexit, for once some facts.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Simply ignoring the plight of others and protecting yourself as you advocate
If someone refuses to wear a face mask or insists that Covid-19 is a hoax, there’s not a lot I can do, or want to do about it. If they catch Coronavirus and perish, it’s TSB.

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: POLLY

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
]
Don't say I didn't warn you. The net is tightening more every day.

Everybody cheered when it was Tommy Robinson and Katie Hopkins. They cheered even more when it was Trump. I wonder how long it'll be before you're protesting rather than cheering:
Private company exercises its right to refuse customer, nothing to see here, move along.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Zlatan and oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Those who the gods would destroy they first make mad

Move to EU to avoid Brexit costs, firms told Exporters advised by Department for International Trade officials to form EU-based companies to circumvent border issues

It's advice up to the standard we are now accustomed to from this government.
It's wrong!
British businesses that export to the continent are being encouraged by government trade advisers to set up separate companies inside the EU in order to get around extra charges, paperwork and taxes resulting from Brexit
By moving operations into the EU and shipping out large consignments from the UK to their new European operations, the businesses can not only avoid cross-border delays and costs on every single small consignment they send, but can also defuse VAT problems that are currently hitting them and their European customers hard.
Unless they trade only in locally made goods they will still have the same paperwork problems of source of origin for British goods

Curses! Oyster beat me too it, but I have added a little so here it stays.

Brexit has literally the life expectancy of the last Dodo

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Those who the gods would destroy they first make mad

Move to EU to avoid Brexit costs, firms told Exporters advised by Department for International Trade officials to form EU-based companies to circumvent border issues

It's advice up to the standard we are now accustomed to from this government.
It's wrong!
British businesses that export to the continent are being encouraged by government trade advisers to set up separate companies inside the EU in order to get around extra charges, paperwork and taxes resulting from Brexit
By moving operations into the EU and shipping out large consignments from the UK to their new European operations, the businesses can not only avoid cross-border delays and costs on every single small consignment they send, but can also defuse VAT problems that are currently hitting them and their European customers hard.
Unless they trade only in locally made goods they will still have the same paperwork problems of source of origin for British goods

Curses! Oyster beat me too it, but I have added a little so here it stays.

Brexit has literally the life expectancy of the last Dodo
I am suitably cursed!

But if they move the entire production and distribution into the EU. And buy all raw materials and other inputs there as well. And pay all taxes over there. And avoid trading with the UK. Why, they get round many of the issues.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
He'd almost certainly do better than the original!

Kenneth Branagh to play Boris Johnson in TV drama about Covid crisis
The Scepted Isle will examine the PM’s handling of the pandemic and its impact on Britain

(That is an original typo in that line! Further down it does have Sceptred - but doesn't progress to Septic.)

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
It's all very well hoping for admission of the truth. Then what?

Rotting fish, lost business and piles of red tape. The reality of Brexit hits Britain

Many Brexiteer lawmakers felt vindicated when the world didn't fall off its axis in the immediate aftermath of Brexit, as plenty of the anti-Brexiteers' worst nightmares failed to materialize. However, if the current trajectory of gradual decline continues, the slide could become uncontrollable.

Those politicians will have to explain to voters why they encouraged their prime minister to pursue such a hard Brexit despite the warnings of its consequences. They have a couple of months before things get really bad to put pressure on Johnson to start engaging with the reality of Brexit a little more.

The question that matters most to those struggling is how bad things must get before those who most vocally supported Brexit are willing to break ranks and admit the truth: that leaving the world's largest trading bloc has immediate consequences.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I am suitably cursed!

But if they move the entire production and distribution into the EU. And buy all raw materials and other inputs there as well. And pay all taxes over there. And avoid trading with the UK. Why, they get round many of the issues.
D'you know I thought I said that too!
A thousand hairy curses!

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Those politicians will have to explain to voters why they encouraged their prime minister to pursue such a hard Brexit despite the warnings of its consequences.
they'll say it will get worse before it gets better and there are other values than the economy.
they'll say that slower growth will give the UK the competitive edge over the EU. How many voters would not believe our government?

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
they'll say it will get worse before it gets better and there are other values than the economy.
they'll say that slower growth will give the UK the competitive edge over the EU. How many voters would not believe our government?
The ones capable of rational thought?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Maybe rumours about Covid-19 being spread by the government are real! Mind, not because they made a decision to do so and successfully implemented a plan. No - simple incompetence and stupidity:

Grant Shapps faces fury over mass Covid outbreak at DVLA
Minister under fire for ‘shameful’ virus spread as staff told to work on with more than 500 cases at agency in Swansea
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/23/minister-faces-fury-over-mass-covid-outbreak-at-top-government-agency
Well that's one way of achieving "smaller government"
All in the manifesto no doubt!

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

Rather different from Guardian's reporting..
No 10's advisers say the real figure is 89%, starting 14 days after first injection

If they use subheads like that, I have no faith in their story.

At 14 days, it might reach 89%, but it surely doesn't suddenly come in at that level after 14 days.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Agreed but which one is lying... Guardian tells us 33%, mail tells us 89%..We,ve been moaning about fake news on Social media yet our press distribute lies. Can't possibly both be right.
And to be fair the exact %age after 14 days is almost irrelevant with a discrepancy between 33% and 89%..
33 isn't worth taking... 89 is..
Wonder what Chris Witty actually thinks? (Valance said in briefing figure was well over standard of required efficy after 21 days. (standard is 60%)
Somebody is lying.
(Daily mail reports that Israelis actually said
"91 % efficy at 21 days for doctors and nurses receiving jab")

Reporting wrongly either way is disgusting and could easily cost lives. Media should be ashamed of itself throughout this episode. All of them.

Last edited:

Advertisers