Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Possibly - but we will do our best to get there spot on time. (I have to drive but am not getting vaccinated.) I'd hope everyone else also tries to do so.
I achieved that too. I'd allowed for some queue time and that worked out perfectly since I stepped into the registration cabin at the precise minute of the appointed time.

They weren't quite up to it though, I had to wait several minutes for the pre-jab interview.

I suppose I could call that another example of Tory chaos to have the pleasure of seeing Zlatan get apoplectic again!! :D

• :D
Reactions: Zlatan and oyster

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Can they increase the gap sufficiently that, at least for AZ, the coming "update" could widely be used as the second dose?

That could, likely would, result in AZ recipients getting one original dose plus one update dose. Rather than two original doses plus one update dose. Potentially a big saving in delivery costs (vaccine, staff, etc.)

Is this now the real aim?
It's called
Partially vaccinated Potential Herd Immunity ;)

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
White van man beats brexit? Not really.... :(

Sussex medicines firm takes production line abroad in white van to beat Brexit ban
UK assembly line at standstill as pharmaceutical company sets up in Amsterdam and plans EU expansion
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/feb/21/sussex-medicines-firm-takes-production-line-abroad-white-van-beat-brexit-ban
It is astonishing that a production plant can move countries with so little red tape in a pharma industry. One can only assume that this is just dispensing and packaging an active compound already compounded in another plant. I did refer previously to a major NI pharmaceutical plant which located in Craigavon, had built and certified a daughter plant up the road from me ,so as to maintain access to EU. I expect that the local plant will be doing the same activities of packaging.
Fortunately my own daughter has left the Craigavon plant at Christmas and is now with the National Virus Reference Laboratory in Dublin

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It's amusing to look back at the flak I took for saying that we should stick to the manufacturers second vaccination period.
I was accused of many things, the most memorable being that much more eminent people than I said it was OK
Who was I to judge?
And yet here we are with the CEO of Pfizer coming out with the same message I did and for the same reason, there is no supporting evidence to support what we are doing.
Sure the government can rustle up some half baked local research groups that didn't invest $4 Billion in developing the Vaccine, and get a tame local Eminence to declare it valid.
Why has the CEO of Pfizer broken ranks on this?
We waived their liability to get ahead with the race
The rest of the world didn't
He really doesn't want what our idiots are doing to become a world wide fashion for two reasons
1:Less profitable
2:Imagine the catastrophic consequences in law suit costs for the corporation if things go wrong in countries that haven't absolved Pfizer of all liability?

So much for the validity of our Eminent experts, they can be wrong, or worse influenced by the likes of Cummings and Johnson's latest fancy.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

How is any of that a Government employee.
"On 27 May 2020 he joined the board of the UK Statistics Authority as a non-executive director for a period of three years."

The UK Statistics Authority is a non-ministerial government department of the Government of the United Kingdom responsible for oversight of the Office for National Statistics, maintaining a national code of practice for official statistics, and accrediting statistics that comply with the Code as National Statistics. UKSA was established on 1 April 2008 by the Statistics and Registration Service Act 2007, and is directly accountable to the Parliament of the United Kingdom.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This is classic
"The untreated shellfish that the EU has supposedly ‘banned’ cannot be legally sold untreated in the U.K.
As ever with the Brexit ‘deal’, it’s hard to know where they lie & where they simply had no clue what they were signing up to. I think this one’s the latter. "

The Comedy Noir AKA Brexit rumbles on:cool:

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
That's certainly debatable and you are starting from a very low threshold. My comment was in jest, not insult. You are moaning again OG.
So you are using the "Hancock" gambit in response, what's with this "Low threshold" thing that suddenly appeared?:cool:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
We were talking about the vaccine roll out, which was described as chaotic. It's been anything but...
Really? wow, strange that the last couple of days all seems quiet on the Western Front
45 days now since the first jab... :D

Advertisers