Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
If we can dismiss Spieghalter's data analysis every doctor, teacher, judge, civil servant, lecturer, social worker, and health worker's work or opinions are corrupted.
ONS is independent. If govt were in control of ONS this could all have been hidden. Just get ONS to say no infections anywhere.
You write of these people (ONS now along with Spieghalrer) not because of who they work for (the country actually, not the govt) but because what they say is not in agreement with your narrative. When Spieghalter was criticising govt announcement of figures you never mentioned his corruption.???

• Disagree
Reactions: flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I called all the integral failings of the vaccine rollout chaotic and Zlatan had kittens.
It was neither. OG said he was right more than me. That means very little. I was being self effacing.. You won't understand the concept.
Self effacing bias is hardly a concept either of you suffer from.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
It was neither. OG said he was right more than me. That means very little. I was being self effacing.. You won't understand the concept.
Possibly because they have less practice or need.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Possibly because they have less practice or need.
Mmm. Churchill saying..
"he has a lot to be modest about". Think referring to Atlee.
But thanks all same Danidl.
Nice to hear such a voice of reason.
Suspect its for different reasons.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
When Spieghalter was criticising govt announcement of figures you never mentioned his corruption.???
Don't you read replies? Didn't I just post that I agreed with his criticism of the government's presentation of the figures?

And I've never made any mention of corruption, indeed in one reply I said the support they give for each other is natural in the circumstances. We'd all probably do the same in a similar situation.

I'm not personally attacking the individuals, just questioning and sometimes challenging what they are saying. It's the truth that counts, not the individuals or their integrity.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
The UK Statistics Authority is a non-ministerial government department of the Government of the United Kingdom

He works for the government.
No he does not. Its like saying a doctor or magistrate does.
And self effacing has nothing at all to do with 2 faced. It's the ability to realise we all make mistakes, accept the fact and admit it to yourself and others. It's actually the opposite of 2 faced.
Screenshot_20210221_163736.jpg
And if anyone is being 2 faced it's you. You agreed with Spieghalter when he criticised government, when he says something that vindicates their actions he, s spouting propoganda.Screenshot_20210221_163736.jpg

Last edited:

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
If we can dismiss Spieghalter's data analysis every doctor, teacher, judge, civil servant, lecturer, social worker, and health worker's work or opinions are corrupted.
ONS is independent. If govt were in control of ONS this could all have been hidden. Just get ONS to say no infections anywhere.
You write of these people (ONS now along with Spieghalrer) not because of who they work for (the country actually, not the govt) but because what they say is not in agreement with your narrative. When Spieghalter was criticising govt announcement of figures you never mentioned his corruption.???
Sure it's a wonderful dept - just like the lovely NHS Business Services Authority

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
And self effacing has nothing at all to do with 2 faced. It's the ability to realise we all make mistakes, accept the fact and admit it to yourself and others. It's actually the opposite of 2 faced.
View attachment 40887
And if anyone is being 2 faced it's you. You agreed with Spieghalter when he criticised government, when he says something that vindicates their actions he, s spouting propoganda.
UK’s official statistics cannot be trusted

That the ONS has not fought to defend measures of the public finances shows it to be supine

FEBRUARY 27 2013: It is quite a moment when a trusted national statistical agency reveals that it has lost its independence from central government. That happened last week in Britain.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
We were talking about the vaccine roll out, which was described as chaotic. It's been anything but...
Come on on zlatan, even a complete tory must be able to see boris as - extremely euphemistically - the good time girl that cynically over promise and under deliver, again and again. It's the single reason we have a catastrophic covid death rate (inappropriate lifting and locking down for all the wrong reasons and "science"). To see 17 million single jabs and boris talking about mass gatherings as a new dawn would take more oxytocin than soundbyte could source.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Sure it's a wonderful dept - just like the lovely NHS Business Services Authority

The accusations of fraud by patients were, as you imply by posting, indicative of a very badly managed organisation.

All too easy to tick the Has a valid medical exemption certificate checkbox on the FP10 prescription without checking the date on your actual exemption certificate. But hardly supporting an allegation of fraud if it is simply a failure to renew the exemption certificate.

Made even easier when many pharmacies assume you have one, and that it is valid, one if your medicines implies (or appears to imply[1]) eligibility. Hence they do not check. Hence they do not notice it is expired. Hence you continue not presenting the now expired certificate and don't apply for a new one.

That the whole expiry and renewal process was implemented without patients being made aware didn't help. That there was no reminder system in place let people carry on regardless.

A few simple changes would have resolved most of the problems. Primarily insisting that the pharmacist checks each and every time. Making it more of a shared responsibility. Or ensure the pharmacy records details against your pharmacy records (which is functionally much the same thing).

[1] Being prescribed levothyroxine usually implies myxoedema requiring thyroid hormone replacement which defines one class of eligibility. But you can also be prescribed levothyroxine if you are hyperthyroid and on a block-and-replace regime - which does not confer eligibility. Probably. But maybe it does because without it you would end up iatrogenically hypothyroid?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
View attachment 40887
And if anyone is being 2 faced it's you. You agreed with Spieghalter when he criticised government, when he says something that vindicates their actions he, s spouting propoganda.
Nonsense. The civil service cannot sack him. Parliament who he also has to answer to cannot sack him. Only the government who engaged him can do that.

His employment starts and ends with the government.

Because he works for them.

One day you may learn that a very large type face doesn't lend weight in a discussion. On the internet it is regarded as very bad manners, akin to shouting and often called that.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Nonsense. The civil service cannot sack him. Parliament who he also has to answer to cannot sack him. Only the government who engaged him can do that.

His employment starts and ends with the government.

Because he works for them.

One day you may learn that a very large type face doesn't lend weight in a discussion. On the internet it is regarded as very bad manners, akin to shouting and often called that.
Where is my large type face? I never alter type face setting, not sure I could on phone on here???
Basically there are absolutely no figures or data analyses to trust or follow, whether it be ONS, Spieghalter, Israeli, Canadian or anything else... So pray may I ask which figures are you basing your opinions on?
The ones that discredit anything government says perhaps.
And when ONS announce infection rate rises you disbelieve those. (according to you deaths are exaggerated?). When they fall, we'll that's propoganda too.
When ONS or Spieghalrer says data suggests Vaccine strategy is working. Well that's plain rubbish and propoganda.
When Canadians say single vaccine appears to give 90 plus % protection at 6 weeks... Well that's rubbish too..
There are no figures left to analyse by your argument. Can't believe deaths, can't believe Spieghalters assessment of Israeli figures. Where are you going to look Flecc?
The figures on every world wide site are only what ONS supply..?? Unless of course you have access to some unknown source of data. Bet you watch Football results and say that's not result. Its propoganda. West Ham can't beat Tottenham..But believe it or not they just did.
You can not possibly discredit every single data set claiming propoganda. Well you can but its bonkers.

Last edited:

Advertisers