Brexit, for once some facts.

POLLY

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
Chesterfield
.. This is the good news...
The rate of Covid-19 infections dropped 95.8 per cent among people who received both shots of Pfizer’s vaccine, Israel’s health ministry said on Saturday.

The vaccine was also 98 per cent effective in preventing infections that caused fever or breathing problems and 98.9 per cent effective in preventing hospitalisations and death, the ministry said.

The findings were based on national data collected on February 13th from Israelis who had received their second shot at least two weeks previously. According to the health ministry’s website, about 1.7 million people had been administered a second shot by January 30th, making them eligible to be included.

Previous reports from individual healthcare providers also showed positive results, spurring Israel to remove restrictions on the economy after weeks of lockdown. On Sunday, schools and many stores will be allowed to reopen.

The health ministry has also rolled out a “green pass” app, linked to personal medical files, which people who have been fully inoculated or deemed immune after recovering from Covid-19 can show to stay at hotels or attend cultural or sporting events.
100% Bullcrap

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You are being deliberately nasty.
Matthew 7:12 - So in everything, “do unto others what you would have them do unto you.”
Bell Clan version
"Matthew 7:12 - So in everything, “do unto others what you would have them do unto you.”

But do it First.
Especially if they are facing away from you :D
I just looked that quote up..
great stuff!

"In the King James Version of the Bible the text reads: Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you: do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets. ... shall also do to them; for this is the law and the prophets.

What a fascinating line
"do ye even so to them"
Note: it doesn't specify how and where and indeed in what manner you should get your own back.
Just that you should. For this is the law and the prophets.

Damn sight clearer instructions than Boris gives over Lockdown. :D

Maybe I missed my calling and should have gone into theology eh?

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: flecc

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
You are being deliberately nasty.

Matthew 7:12 - So in everything, “do unto others what you would have them do unto you.”
"You shall have a place outside the camp, and you shall go out to it. And you shall have a trowel with your tools, and when you sit down outside, you shall dig a hole with it and turn back and cover up your excrement". Deuteronomy 23

Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
"You shall have a place outside the camp, and you shall go out to it. And you shall have a trowel with your tools, and when you sit down outside, you shall dig a hole with it and turn back and cover up your excrement". Deuteronomy 23
If any among us suddenly has an epiphany and want to follow these erudite teachings they may find the following guidance keeps you out of trouble with the gentlemen with the blue pointed heads (and ladies with fetching uniform bonnets)
National regulations on the safe distance between
latrines and waterpoints

It's been ages since I last had to quote that one! :cool:

Reactions: jonathan.agnew

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If any among us suddenly has an epiphany and want to follow these erudite teachings they may find the following guidance keeps you out of trouble with the gentlemen with the blue pointed heads (and ladies with fetching uniform bonnets)
National regulations on the safe distance between
latrines and waterpoints

It's been ages since I last had to quote that one! :cool:
They don't observe those distances on the International Space Station, quite the opposite since they couple them to recycle all the emissions, in particular to recover all the water.

Reactions: oldgroaner

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018

Hopefully Hancock can get a refund from ebay...
Since were going off topic, what does thread think of cryptocurrency? Son started mining using graphics card. But it dived in value. read what musk said about it - surreal **** about money being data and nothing having intrinsic value. Everything has become very relative. Trump seem a realist (or distant memory of one) in this brave new world.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
In a country where the Government allegedly hates misinformation
It expects to be believed when it provides it!
"Pfizer has denied any vaccine supply issues after Matt Hancock told LBC that this week will be "quieter" in terms of inoculation numbers.

The health secretary told LBC's Nick Ferrari that there would be fewer jabs dished out this week due to "supply schedules" and the drugs being "difficult" to make.

However, he reassured listeners that the numbers would bounce back in March with a number of "bumper weeks".

On Monday, the UK recorded its lowest number of coronavirus vaccinations since the rollout began, with around 141,000 people receiving their first dose - the total now stands at more than 17.9 million.

But on Tuesday, Pfizer responded to Mr Hancock's comments by insisting to The Sun and the MailOnline that there were "no UK supply challenges" and deliveries were arriving as planned from Belgium.

The pharmaceutical giant added that there had been no changes to its delivery schedule and it was working to the timetable agreed with the UK Government."

Hancock is lying again, their world beating vaccination plans are not exactly what they claim to be, are they, when they have to resort on blaming others for their mistakes and delays.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Since were going off topic, what does thread think of cryptocurrency? Son started mining using graphics card. But it dived in value. read what musk said about it - surreal **** about money being data and nothing having intrinsic value. Everything has become very relative. Trump seem a realist (or distant memory of one) in this brave new world.
South Sea Island Bubble comes to mind

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
In a country where the Government allegedly hates misinformation
It expects to be believed when it provides it!
"Pfizer has denied any vaccine supply issues after Matt Hancock told LBC that this week will be "quieter" in terms of inoculation numbers.

The health secretary told LBC's Nick Ferrari that there would be fewer jabs dished out this week due to "supply schedules" and the drugs being "difficult" to make.

However, he reassured listeners that the numbers would bounce back in March with a number of "bumper weeks".

On Monday, the UK recorded its lowest number of coronavirus vaccinations since the rollout began, with around 141,000 people receiving their first dose - the total now stands at more than 17.9 million.

But on Tuesday, Pfizer responded to Mr Hancock's comments by insisting to The Sun and the MailOnline that there were "no UK supply challenges" and deliveries were arriving as planned from Belgium.

The pharmaceutical giant added that there had been no changes to its delivery schedule and it was working to the timetable agreed with the UK Government."

Hancock is lying again, their world beating vaccination plans are not exactly what they claim to be, are they, when they have to resort on blaming others for their mistakes and delays.
So what is your explanation? The infrastructure is in place, the staff are available and vaccine uptake by the population is high. It can only be that the juice isn’t there to squirt into peoples arms.

Your world must be a dreadfully depressing place, disregarding every positive aspect, tirelessly searching for the negatives, criticising everything which is done to help you and totally consumed by paranoia. As I’ve said, you really should take your head somewhere to be looked at.

There must be something which in your view the government has got right. A stopped clock is right twice a day. Go on, have a go.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
So what is your explanation? The infrastructure is in place, the staff are available and vaccine uptake by the population is high. It can only be that the juice isn’t there to squirt into peoples arms.

Your world must be a dreadfully depressing place, disregarding every positive aspect, tirelessly searching for the negatives, criticising everything which is done to help you and totally consumed by paranoia. As I’ve said, you really should take your head somewhere to be looked at.

There must be something which in your view the government has got right. A stopped clock is right twice a day. Go on, have a go.
Not at all all the world's a stimulating place I don't have to search for negatives not when people lie cheat and swindle in the way that people are doing in the name of expediency,the simple fact is things are not being done properly and there's no excuse, just more lies.

My explanation? they got the ordering sequence wrong causing delays because they underestimated the efficiency of the people who are rolling out the vaccine , and your explanation?

Instead of being critical of me me you should be critical of this government you elected ,why do you support them ? Is it purely because you can't bear to have been wrong?

It's a bit rich having somebody who voted for this shower telling me to get my head looked at perhaps you need an entirely new one with a working brain? Have you considered that?

Last edited:

Advertisers