Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The Telegraph is really pushing it's luck today
"
Joe Biden should should keep his sneering anti-British, anti-Brexit views to himself
Before insulting the Prime Minister, the president should remember that people in the UK voted to leave the EU and take back control

Even though the referendum was rigged and based on lies false promises and swindling?

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
The Telegraph is really pushing it's luck today
"
Joe Biden should should keep his sneering anti-British, anti-Brexit views to himself
Before insulting the Prime Minister, the president should remember that people in the UK voted to leave the EU and take back control

Even though the referendum was rigged and based on lies false promises and swindling?
.. Its not only the Telegraph, the redoubtable Piers Morgan waded in. Biden will not say a word. His minions do the talking for him.
As far as the USA and EU are concerned , Brexit is over and done. But the EU UK spat over NI is not.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
£999 seems extremely expensive to me, even if you managed to get it for £500 I think there are better alternatives what do you all think?
Want to turn your bicycle into an e-bike? Here’s just the gizmo | Cycling | The Guardian
Perhaps a way to get people into e-biking, but I never buy anything where they slash the price every so often, like this one with occasional half price periods.

If they can afford to do that, then cut the price all the time to say £850.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
£999 seems extremely expensive to me, even if you managed to get it for £500 I think there are better alternatives what do you all think?
Want to turn your bicycle into an e-bike? Here’s just the gizmo | Cycling | The Guardian
I once bought a new bike at 99 pounds,. .. probably about 1990. 15 gears, big tyres, oversized frame. By the time I had cycled it home the 6 miles from the shop, I knew it was an expensive mistake. I also at some stage bought a second hand original Moulton for 30 quid .. probably in 1995, in I think the same shop, by the time I had cycled it 2 miles ,I knew it was a bargain at 3 times the price. Even today, it is still ridable. A bike like that is worthy of an electric motor gizmo.
I am all for upgrading and retaining the best parts of older technology. ..and think the now obsolete ChromeCast Audio ,a brilliant invention for making older Hi Amplifiers into streamers .
But the underlying chassis has to deserve the treatment. It is hard to see what bicycle would really benefit from that gizmo.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
But the underlying chassis has to deserve the treatment. It is hard to see what bicycle would really benefit from that gizmo.
When one can but a complete and sound e-bike from Woosh at a little over £1000, this motor kit at £999 doesn't make any sense. A scroll down of the link below shows what a little over £1000 can buy:

Information Link

• Informative
Reactions: oyster and Nev

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Swytch appear to be about the right price when they are 50% off (a very regular happening) and if that kind of conversion is right for you; but totally silly at full price.

They are however much better at marketing than most of their competitors: Woosh hasn't managed to arrange a free advertorial in the Guardian.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
They are however much better at marketing than most of their competitors: Woosh hasn't managed to arrange a free advertorial in the Guardian.
They don't need to of course, they can sell everything they can get hold of and take advance orders for when in stock.

Strange how the Brexit thread has suddenly become about electric assist bikes. Anyone might think this was an electric bike forum!

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I had my Brompton fitted with a simple throttle only system some years ago, for one reason. To be able to transport it in the car boot when caravanning.
And now? rarely use it, but my Woosh Big Bear is giving sterling service after 3,500 miles in one year and the only repalcement?
One damaged rear tyre.
The one none standard item is this

Which Whoosh kindly sold me at a reduced price as it was a demo sample he decided not to include on the model.
My conclusion?
Whatever this item costs, your derriere with be grateful for it, combined with the SR Suntour front forks it gives an armchair ride

Reactions: Nev and flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Swytch appear to be about the right price when they are 50% off (a very regular happening) and if that kind of conversion is right for you; but totally silly at full price.

... yet

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I see the Innova test should be consigned to the bin (FDA opinion). But Hancock et al. are basing everything on it. Well I never...
Ironic That Hancock sticks with it when one considers that this quick results testing was promoted by his arch critic, Dominic Cummings.

Frankly both the PCR and Lateral Flow tests are so unreliable they might as well stop all mass testing and save the many millions wasted doing it. Just PCR testing on hospital admissions together with death rates give all the information needed to know if we are gaining or losing in dealing with Covid-19, and that is all we need to know.

POLLY

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
Chesterfield
Ironic That Hancock sticks with it when one considers that this quick results testing was promoted by his arch critic, Dominic Cummings.

Frankly both the PCR and Lateral Flow tests are so unreliable they might as well stop all mass testing and save the many millions wasted doing it. Just PCR testing on hospital admissions together with death rates give all the information needed to know if we are gaining or losing in dealing with Covid-19, and that is all we need to know.
The pandemic is a 100% hoax

• :D
Reactions: wheeler

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
I have recently bought a Triumph Street Triple R motorcycle, I did consider buying the next model up (The RS model) but the extra £1500 cost mainly benefits people who ride track days. I have never done a track day, and can't really see myself ever wanting to do one either.

I was reading in this weeks Motorcycle News about a 92 year old who had his first experience on track since 1948. His son paid for him to have a track day for his 92nd birthday. Last month the track had an 86 year old riding around there. The bikes they were both riding are powerful 900 cc Yamaha triple cylinder machines.

Advertisers