Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think I heard that 12-15 year olds will be offered vaccination. But only one injection.

Anyone aware of any evidence that a single dose of the existing two-dose options is viable and supported by the manufacturers?
When the Pfizer was first introduced it was said to have circa 54% benefit in adults pending the second dose.

Presumably for a young and often smaller and lighter person there's less risk of an adverse reaction by sticking to a smaller overall dose, while still gaining some of the protections for themselves and others.

Remember Pfizer's recommended interval between doses remains 3 weeks, 4 weeks maximum. Not the 12 weeks our goons introduced.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Just as an update.. Had my 2nd cataract op yesterday, exactly 3 weeks after first (minimum delay between ops here).. Gone from Sphere - 4.75 and Cyl - 2 ( moderately bad) to no glasses. (need reading glasses, didn't before) (and on NHS)!!! Really pleased.
And had flu jab last sat.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
When the Pfizer was first introduced it was said to have circa 54% benefit in adults pending the second dose.

Presumably for a young and often smaller and lighter person there's less risk of an adverse reaction by sticking to a smaller overall dose, while still gaining some of the protections for themselves and others.

Remember Pfizer's recommended interval between doses remains 3 weeks, 4 weeks maximum. Not the 12 weeks our goons introduced.
I understand everything you said. But still no manufacturer support for a single-dose approach, is there?

Also, if speaking of Pfizer, ...

Boys more at risk from Pfizer jab side-effect than Covid, suggests study
US researchers say teenagers are more likely to get vaccine-related myocarditis than end up in hospital with Covid
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/10/boys-more-at-risk-from-pfizer-jab-side-effect-than-covid-suggests-study

(I actually read the story elsewhere but was easier and quicker to find this.)

Anyone know which vaccines are planned for 12-15 year-olds?

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018

As I understand it it may be the opposite - the risk/benefit of covid vaccines being more nuanced for children (myocarditis for example) and a single dose being about less side effects than two

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
As I understand it it may be the opposite - the risk/benefit of covid vaccines being more nuanced for children (myocarditis for example) and a single dose being about less side effects than two
You might well be right. But I still don't see any manufacturer information to support that.

And our government has repeatedly claimed to be operating in accord with manufacturer information and MHRA licensing, etc.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Just as an update.. Had my 2nd cataract op yesterday, exactly 3 weeks after first (minimum delay between ops here).. Gone from Sphere - 4.75 and Cyl - 2 ( moderately bad) to no glasses. (need reading glasses, didn't before) (and on NHS)!!! Really pleased.
Glad to hear that, all the best!

Reactions: Danidl and Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Unfortunately with a single (viable) party democracy every government tax or centrally raised fund is..
Look at the logic OG.
Leader of Government with an 80 plus majority essentially has control of entire purse... Especially so with no opposition, well apart from..... BBC, well Liberal elite left within it...
And meanwhile Starmer joke show is writing us all a 14000 word essay explaining exactly why Labour is fractured, unviable, out of context and out of touch. Wonder who will read it. Won't get on best seller list will it. Mccluskey will hang one in his outside toilet. Corbyn might light some fires on M25 with his. They are all a joke. The lot of them. Utter disgrace.
Thanks OG matey. Worn specs since I was 10...At 25 had an insane lady attack me (literally) in town for looking in a shop window she used to own. (only me) calling me "speccy b4stard". Unfortunately mates with me at time (splitting their sides in laughter) christened me same for next 40 years... All wrong now... I ain't either. Well one at least.

• :D
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Especially so with no opposition, well apart from..... BBC
...and some on this thread.
Ed Miliband was on BBC2 last night. He still has some passion left but still not much argument. BJ spends so much money, Labour has to invent a new bitcoin.

Reactions: oyster and Zlatan

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
A bit of good news:

Boris Johnson’s Scotland-Northern Ireland tunnel plans axed
Construction of ‘world’s most stupid tunnel’ scrapped as Treasury clamps down on spending

I didn't realise it hadn't already been consigned to some dustbin of lunatic plans.

• :D
Reactions: Woosh

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
...and some on this thread.
Ed Miliband was on BBC2 last night. He still has some passion left but still not much argument. BJ spends so much money, Labour has to invent a new bitcoin.
And then theres GB news now fronted by farage instead of that other inflamed reactionary bbc beetroot who torpedoed corby and then refused to interview boris before the last election who's name I'm forever forgetting.
What has happened to our national dialogue? Were descending to something worse than a fox news vs professional prostitute politician Biden.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Sounds excellent.

My mother had both eyes done and the improvment was astonishing. Despite her having macular degeneration. (They originally said they would only do one, but that was so successful they decided to do the second.)

Reactions: Zlatan

Advertisers