Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
With a few exceptions, F1 has generally been inaccessible unless you’re accidentally born into a very wealthy family. More so in the “modern” era.

The same disease is infecting TV and film with old actor’s sons & daughters infiltrating the television and movie industry. Quite often they are $h!t and only shine in the rapidly fading starlight of their parent.
Has affected politics for even longer and more unpleasantly... And its sidekick of journalism.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
I wouldn't complain so much if Branson fired his rockets from Branson Island and landed back there. Including all ground testing. Ensuring the pollution affects him more than the rest of the world.

He could even change his name to Tracy. Fore or sur. I don't mind.
I wouldn’t complain if Branston rode his firework into space and didn’t come back. The man is a ****.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
With a few exceptions, F1 has generally been inaccessible unless you’re accidentally born into a very wealthy family. More so in the “modern” era.

The same disease is infecting TV and film with old actor’s sons & daughters infiltrating the television and movie industry. Quite often they are $h!t and only shine in the rapidly fading starlight of their parent.
Yep, you are right. Either a f ormer world champion's son or off spring of a billionaire... Aston Martin owner and main man from Hargreaves Lansdown both have sons in the clique..(Lance Stroll /Lando Norris)
I can't really see how such as Hamilton could get to top nowadays.. Even Russel is a famous racing family.(Russel racing School)
The days of mechanics and garage owners becoming F1 racers is long gone. (Graham Hill/Jimmy Stewart)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Many are rightly asking for facts instead of the inane propaganda that both sides are issuing in the EU dabate.

Here for once is an actual case which includes many of the consequences that will accompany Brexit and any attempt to limit EU migration. This isn't part of the propaganda, it's merely a correspondent's short report on an actual situation, and it's often somewhat mind blowing. Brexiters will hate the EU even more after listening.

Because such evidence is so scarce I'm posting it as a separate thread from the EU debate one so that everyone gets a chance to hear it. The item's excerpt of the radio program link below starts at 16 mins, 35 secs, and lasts just 5 mins, 50 seconds:

Program Link
You'll be telling us there will be queues at petrol pumps and no turkey for Christmas dinner after Brexit. It's all Project Fear!

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Yep, you are right. Either a f ormer world champion's son or off spring of a billionaire... Aston Martin owner and main man from Hargreaves Lansdown both have sons in the clique..(Lance Stroll /Lando Norris)
I can't really see how such as Hamilton could get to top nowadays.. Even Russel is a famous racing family.(Russel racing School)
The days of mechanics and garage owners becoming F1 racers is long gone. (Graham Hill/Jimmy Stewart)
I liked Jimmy Stewart in Flight of the Phoenix and Rear Window. He never really made his mark in F1.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
If Hamilton wasn’t black he never would have made it from his background. In his case, skin colour helped, not hindered him.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You'll be telling us there will be queues at petrol pumps and no turkey for Christmas dinner after Brexit. It's all Project Fear!
Well it's turned out the fear was very much to be feared.

What else might one expect with Brexit being a Boris Johnson policy, carried through later by Boris Johnson and now Boris Johnson as PM tryimg to make it work.

That's no chance three times over.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Yes that happens quite often to emails from certain web hosts, and it's very problematic for many businesses - they obviously didn't spend enough or go with the bigger providers. Maybe they're hosting their own email server, badly.
Like everything else related to tories - and most government-related IT.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Yep but Jackie Stewart in "Who shot Liberty Valance" was incredible.
Whereas kristen Stewart is flaky and unconvincing. The brain damaged man's sex symbol. A lot like boris. And his plans for the economy. Wholesale gas prices went up 37% today, on top of previous rises. That will stoke inflation, in six months or so. Rule of thumb is that higher than 5% interest rates for more than six months trigger collapse in property prices.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Whereas kristen Stewart is flaky and unconvincing. The brain damaged man's sex symbol. A lot like boris. And his plans for the economy. Wholesale gas prices went up 37% today, on top of previous rises. That will stoke inflation, in six months or so. Rule of thumb is that higher than 5% interest rates for more than six months trigger collapse in property prices.
Someone told me years ago, that there has never been more than a 10 year period, where homeowners remained in negative equity.

• Informative

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Someone told me years ago, that there has never been more than a 10 year period, where homeowners remained in negative equity.
It's not about negative equity. It's about affordability. That's what make the overleveraged sell their houses when mortgage payments go up with interest. And we certainly have an affordability crisis coming our way. And an overleveraged bright eyed blue wall who bought boris's bs. Off the back of a decade of tory mismanagement.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Like everything else related to tories - and most government-related IT.
It's easy to "Accidentally" spill coffee over a private mail server, erasing all evidence...

Last edited:
  • Informative

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Yep but Jackie Stewart in "Who shot Liberty Valance" was incredible.
Jimmy Stewart got into pole position with many a lovely:

He was F-Several champion for years.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's not about negative equity. It's about affordability. That's what make the overleveraged sell their houses when mortgage payments go up with interest. And we certainly have an affordability crisis coming our way.
Property prices will have to crash. In round figures:

Average annual income in 1967, £1500.

The average income just pre Covid, £30,000, so multiplied 20 times.

I bought my home in 1967 for £4,150

Now valued for sale at £230,000, so multiplied 55 times, nearly 3 times what it should be.

But if and when those property prices do crash, the economy goes with it.

Catch 22 if ever there was one.

• Agree

Advertisers