Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I think it's obvious I'm an avid Googler and enthusiastic quack:

"It is, therefore widely accepted that trigeminal neuralgia is associated with demyelination of axons in the Gasserian ganglion, the dorsal root, or both."

...was it in any way caused by some occupational factor?

My tumour distorted my face slightly, altering it's normally beautiful symmetry, famed and prized by females all over the world... now I only chat women up in profile ;)
Mine was very similar but didn't quite fit TN. I likened it to a bullet hitting just below my ear/on my TMJ. Obviously, never having been hit by a bullet, that is ridiculous. And in the current news background, it might read as tasteless.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Mine was very similar but didn't quite fit TN. I likened it to a bullet hitting just below my ear/on my TMJ. Obviously, never having been hit by a bullet, that is ridiculous. And in the current news background, it might read as tasteless.
Was it constant pain, or did it come and go in waves like some toothaches? How long did your overall experience of this horrible problem last? Weeks? Months? Sounds bloody nasty and I hope I never get it!

Not tasteless at all - I believe the "Accidental" shooting was either revenge by workers for working conditions, or some sort of plot against the actor for his portrayal of Flump - by Flumpers or his "Russian sponsors", to sow seeds for the coming American Civil War II.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Imagine, the BBC finds a journalist with a brexiteer background, and appoints them as bidden. Then Knight sees the person was a turncoat who had realised what a disaster it had become and completely disavowed their earlier support of brexit. Don't think Knight would be happy despite BBC doing what he said he wanted.

Tory MP: BBC ‘should hire a Brexiteer as its next political editor’
Commons committee chair Julian Knight says Laura Kuenssberg’s replacement should be ‘much more pro-Brexit’ if she steps down

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If some sort of autoimmune disease was causing it, that'd be worrying.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Was it constant pain, or did it come and go in waves like some toothaches? How long did your overall experience of this horrible problem last? Weeks? Months? Sounds bloody nasty and I hope I never get it!

Not tasteless at all - I believe the shooting was either revenge by workers for working conditions, or some sort of plot against the actor for his portrayal of Trump - by Trumpers or his "Russian sponsors", to sow seeds for the coming American Civil War II.
It was sudden, paroxysmal pain. Lasting seconds. Followed by discomfort that slowly resolved over minutes/hours. But always expecting the next one...

And, if I was at work, I'd likely hit my head on the desk several times.

Lasted months or possibly years - you put things like that out of your mind. And it had built-up from extremely occasional and not quite as bad over many years.

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I'd need an MV Agusta F4 1000R to outrun Asrael:
Buy local:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The average running speed of ancient humans may have been 23mph?

daveboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2012
pontefract
Both look terrifying to me!

A motorbike will be your best friend during a pandemic, whenever there is no parking at your medical centre.
I've just got myself one of these..900cc and handles like it's on rails....not very popular among the die hard bikers...Yamaha have knocked £5.5k off them.20210917_114003.jpg

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I've just got myself one of these..900cc and handles like it's on rails....not very popular among the die hard bikers...Yamaha have knocked £5.5k off them.View attachment 44496
Very nice! I came to the conclusion years ago that my continued use of motorbikes, would result in deaths - they're way to much fun! Those are EXACTLY the tye of wing mirrors with integrated lights I've been looking for, to install on my ebike! If bright enough, they'd make me far more visible to cars at night. I've been trying to figure out how to attach very bright lights to both my wing mirrors, but if I can source ones like those and bodge them on...

Last edited:
Reactions: daveboy

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I've just got myself one of these..900cc and handles like it's on rails....not very popular among the die hard bikers...Yamaha have knocked £5.5k off them.View attachment 44496
I assume there aren't many similar products!

I saw what I now realise must have been one of those coming in the opposite direction the other day and wondered what it was.

Reactions: daveboy

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Very nice! I came to the conclusion years ago that my continued use of motorbikes, would result in deaths - they're way to much fun! Those are EXACTLY the tye of wing mirrors with integrated lights I've been looking for, to install on my ebike! If bright enough, they'd make me far more visible to cars at night. I've been trying to figure out how to attach very bright lights to both my wing mirrors, but if I can source ones like those and bodge them on...
Same here, had three consecutively more deadly accidents (following distance, wet weather, vehicles in front braking). thought Yama (as flecc might say) was politely coughing in my ear. Apologies only get back now (work), did however go for slow run late last night and heartily recommend. Country lane, doing sit ups by moonlight to rustle of anxious pheasants wondering what the hell the primate with the light is up to. Priceless.

Reactions: guerney

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This principle was patented in the early 1960's when the inventor modified a Vespa provided by Piaggio.
It worked very well, but at that time style was the main selling point and let's be frank the bike in the image above can't be fall pretty by any standard.
So Piaggio never made bikes in this style.
However when the inventor died and the patent lapsed they introduced a model with two front wheels .
Now everyone forgets about the inventor and credit Piaggio with the design!
And despite it being invented in the early 1960's and a prototype built and tested, somehow a Taiwanese company filed a US patent for the principle in 2003.

Credit side: Better handling and braking
Debit side: Butt ugly and give a 50% bigger chance of suffering a puncture

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: oyster and guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Looks like Truth Social is failing before it even launches:

Florida man accused of breaking Mastodon's open-source license with botched social network launch
Golf enthusiast given 30 days to cough up code
Even The Reg won't speak The Orange One's name - trying to build something on the cheap and failing as usual, thank goodness...

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I ordered a taxi to go to my first Covid jab, but was let down for the return. The local services all replied no cabs for at least two hours, so it was back to the tram and bus, both with waits and it was pouring with rain and cold so pneumonia was added to the list of risks. I sometimes think Asrael is trying to send me a message, probably not wanting to come in person due to Covid.
I killed the controller on my ebike, or I would've used that - it folds(bulky). I have a strong canvas storage bag, and small folding trolley which fits into my rucksack... I could have wheeled it around the hospital, claiming it was "Hand Luggage", rather than leave it outside to be half-inched. New controller arrives this week, for next time...

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: flecc

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Same here, had three consecutively more deadly accidents (following distance, wet weather, vehicles in front braking). thought Yama (as flecc might say) was politely coughing in my ear. Apologies only get back now (work), did however go for slow run late last night and heartily recommend. Country lane, doing sit ups by moonlight to rustle of anxious pheasants wondering what the hell the primate with the light is up to. Priceless.
I had quite a lot of strange aches and pains after a mere 3.54 mile slow jog last week, and I've been doing 1 mile uphill slow jogs to keep things moving and help healing - takes me much longer to heal and grow new muscle and tendon these days... The plantar fasciitis doesn't know what hit it, but I think slow jogging has improved matters. Will go out again for another 1 or 2 miles later on, building up to a regular 3 miles every other night. I'll stop at about 3 miles, I think... unlike these people who run "400 miles non-stop":

Last edited:
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

Advertisers