Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I completely fail to see how disappearing messages could ever have been allowed, let alone become mandated. (Other than in MI5, etc.)

Half of me is surprised there isn't a GCHQapp with very high standard security.

Dear <oyster>,

Our challenge over Ministers’ persistent use of private emails and messaging apps like WhatsApp and Signal for Government business has just been given a huge boost: the High Court has granted us permission to proceed on all grounds.

This is a significant development. We will now have the opportunity to highlight the inadequacy of Government’s policies on private emails and messaging apps. The High Court will also hear of serious and persistent breaches of these policies by the Prime Minister, disgraced ex-Health Secretary Matt Hancock, Lord Bethell and other senior decision-makers.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
By the way another slow run this evening, suddenly dark evenings, but made pact with colleague to do half marathon in three months. Theres something really special about half marathon (probably Marlow half marathon) in cold rain followed by hot shower and cappuccino somewhere..
With a lot of training I could double my slow running range to 7 miles, but I'd aim to be last! It'd take me far longer to build up to seven miles, than a mere three months. Personally, I prefer shorter distances - lower impact, and I can do them lol.

Last edited:

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
With a bit of training I could double my slow running range 7 miles, but I'd aim to be last! It'd take me far longer to build up to seven miles, than a mere three months. Personally, I prefer shorter distances - lower impact, and I can do them lol.
See what you mean, but everyone - for some incomprehensible reason - make same mistake on half marathons - start too fast - biggest cause of injury - as with training regimes. Start slow, warm up gradually and reel them all in in second half of half marathon is what happen then - I'm doing a geriatric shuffle at the moment (with lots of heaving and explicit grunting up gentle inclines)

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
See what you mean, but everyone - for some incomprehensible reason - make same mistake on half marathons - start too fast - biggest cause of injury - as with training regimes. Start slow, warm up gradually and reel them all in in second half of half marathon is what happen then - I'm doing a geriatric shuffle at the moment (with lots of heaving and explicit grunting up gentle inclines)
I don't mind staying at "Geriatric shuffle", if as silent as the ghost of a Ninja doing Tai Chi... At the moment, I still startle more wild animals with my sudden appearance, ebiking. Far too thumpy. I'm aiming for the lowest impact slow running possible. New joints are expensive!

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I was in fact the Captain of the "Hull Pathfinders" Scooter Club in 1963!
My neighbour was in a motorcycle gang - he had a lot of orgies, "Owned" two women... eventually died of heart failure (methamphetamines), as he said he would. I avoided getting to know him too well.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
My neighbour was in a motorcycle gang - he had a lot of orgies, "Owned" two women... eventually died of heart failure (methamphetamines), as he said he would. I avoided getting to know him too well.
I was in a cycle gang, we owned all sorts of things. Choppers, Lego, Mecano, train sets, Scalextric and even action men. We weren't interested in women, except the one cooking tea.

Last edited:
Reactions: flecc and guerney

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
They were all remainers OG. You could tell by their gait, dragging knuckles on the floor.
My good ness this from a guy who doesn't like insulting comments?
Worse still, imagines remainers are dimmer that voters who still support Brexit, and makes excuses for the government too. ;)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I was in a cycle gang, we owned all sorts of things. Choppers, Lego, Mecano, train sets, Scalextric and even action men. We weren't interested in women, except the one cooking tea. We grew up though.
You were doing very well (up till the last four words):cool:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
As usual, you never answer the question.
Why was that poor behaviour, I suspect as we have all witnessed, the faullt of government?
Its like blaming Boris when folk speed on motorway.
And, as I said in earlier post, that perhaps naive attitude was witnessed all over country. During 2nd lockdown I had to drive through Sheffield, most areas were closed with few people about. A certain large area, I will leave nameless because it is associated with a particular ethnicity, you, d have guessed it was utterly normal. Markets, stalls and barbers all open. Then that same group later were moaning at poor messaging and high infection rates.
Everybody knew exactly what we should and shouldn't be doing. An awful lot simply chose not to but still took the furlough cash.
I do enjoy your sermons , they remind me very much of someone
The Bishop of no fixed abode!

:D

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
My good ness this from a guy who doesn't like insulting comments?
Worse still, imagines remainers are dimmer that voters who still support Brexit, and makes excuses for the government too. ;)
In Rome...

And
A) you initiated it.
B) it isn't calling people fascists.
C) it's obviously humour.

Last edited:
Reactions: daveboy

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Brexit has so many benefits...

OBR: Brexit on course to cut trade with EU by 15%, leading to 4% drop in productivity

As Paul Johnson, director of the Institute for Fiscal Studies thinktank, points out, the OBR says the latest trade figures are consistent with its forecast that in the long run Brexit will cut producivity by 4%.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
And another Met officer charged with rape.

Surely a head will have to roll?

[Edited to correct typo.]

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Brexit has so many benefits...

OBR: Brexit on course to cut trade with EU by 15%, leading to 4% drop in productivity

As Paul Johnson, director of the Institute for Fiscal Studies thinktank, points out, the OBR says the latest trade figures are consistent with its forecast that in the long run Brexit will cut producivity by 4%.
The bit I am most worried about is inflation: bank interest rate up to 3.5%.
Huge consequences for mortgages, real wages, stock prices etc.

The OBR says:

In both scenarios, a further sharp and persistent increase in costs means inflation peaks at 5.4% (1 percentage point above our central forecast and the highest rate in three decades) and then falls back more slowly than in our central forecast.

Based on a simple monetary policy rule, Bank Rate in our scenario reaches 3.5% (its highest since November 2008), thereby suppressing demand and moderating inflationary pressures, but even so it still takes a year longer for inflation to return to the target than in our central forecast.

At its peak, the impact of this vigorous monetary tightening prevents a further 2 to 3 percentage point rise in inflation, and without it the price level would be some 6-8% higher at the scenario horizon.

Advertisers