Brexit, for once some facts.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Yes - it is a recurrence of Chickenpox which has lain dormant in or round nerve cells since original infection (for me, that was pre-1962).

I had two AV vaccinations in early 2021 - both in left arm. After a few months, there was still a very minor skin issue. I'd keep finding tiny blisters around the injections sites. I'd touch the area like when we fold our arms and feel a tiny rough/dry patch. A quick scratch and a tiny amount of clear liquid would appear. In itself, absolutely nothing. I did Yellow Card it as it was not a listed side effect.

Between my Pfizer/BioNTech "booster" (in my right arm, by choice) in mid-November, and mid-December, I got some very minor discomfort in my neck, under my chin, etc., which I thought could have been due to thyroid issues (I take thyroid hormone every day).

GP had a look/feel and decided it was probably nothing. But said to go back if it changed.

Carried on pretty much the same until two weeks ago - when the shingles appeared on my left neck/shoulder/ear/scalp. The overlap between the areas affected by the earlier discomfort and shingles was close - though shingles has been considerably more extensive.

I am neither convinced there is a causal relationship - nor that there isn't.

Regarding cancer, I recognise what you say, but am still sceptical in every direction.

BTW - The blisters have become scabs. Continue with itching, pain, poor sleep and generally feeling sorry for myself.
Might Lysine be worth a go? Not sure if it works as well on shingles:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Yes - it is a recurrence of Chickenpox which has lain dormant in or round nerve cells since original infection (for me, that was pre-1962).

I had two AV vaccinations in early 2021 - both in left arm. After a few months, there was still a very minor skin issue. I'd keep finding tiny blisters around the injections sites. I'd touch the area like when we fold our arms and feel a tiny rough/dry patch. A quick scratch and a tiny amount of clear liquid would appear. In itself, absolutely nothing. I did Yellow Card it as it was not a listed side effect.

Between my Pfizer/BioNTech "booster" (in my right arm, by choice) in mid-November, and mid-December, I got some very minor discomfort in my neck, under my chin, etc., which I thought could have been due to thyroid issues (I take thyroid hormone every day).

GP had a look/feel and decided it was probably nothing. But said to go back if it changed.

Carried on pretty much the same until two weeks ago - when the shingles appeared on my left neck/shoulder/ear/scalp. The overlap between the areas affected by the earlier discomfort and shingles was close - though shingles has been considerably more extensive.

I am neither convinced there is a causal relationship - nor that there isn't.

Regarding cancer, I recognise what you say, but am still sceptical in every direction.

BTW - The blisters have become scabs. Continue with itching, pain, poor sleep and generally feeling sorry for myself.
I always reach for B vitamins when I feel run down - a bit of Marmite on your marvellous looking sourdough toast? A slow jog gets the feelgood chemicals in my brain going... Also extremely bright lights lifts mood, at this time of the year.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I always reach for B vitamins when I feel run down - a bit of Marmite on your marvellous looking sourdough toast? A slow jog gets the feelgood chemicals in my brain going... Also extremely bright lights lifts mood, at this time of the year.
8000Lux in my living room does the trick for mood ;) That and coffee...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Do you think my Pilot's licence will qualify me to fly it?
It's for for a Land Yacht it's true, but they can be tricky! :cool:
That looks bonkers! I'd rather have a mishap windsailing, softer landing!

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
My children move to etoro.
They just set their account to 'copytrader' for the system to copy trades made by their favourite trader or traders. No need to spend time following the news.
Are they allowed to use Margin? :eek:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
"After you, Claude—no, after you, Cecil" :)

Sue Gray partygate report 'set to be delayed until police investigation over'

Jessica Elgot

Sue Gray will not publish her inquiry until the Met police have concluded their investigation into alleged criminal activity in Downing Street, according to sources. The Met police confirmed that Gray had handed over her preliminary findings.

A Cabinet Office spokesman said work would continue on the inquiry. “The investigation being carried out by Sue Gray is continuing,” the spokesman said. “There is in ongoing contact with the Metropolitan police service.”

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Sue Gray partygate report 'set to be delayed until police investigation over'

Jessica Elgot

Sue Gray will not publish her inquiry until the Met police have concluded their investigation into alleged criminal activity in Downing Street, according to sources. The Met police confirmed that Gray had handed over her preliminary findings.

A Cabinet Office spokesman said work would continue on the inquiry. “The investigation being carried out by Sue Gray is continuing,” the spokesman said. “There is in ongoing contact with the Metropolitan police service.”
Exactly as I expected, delaying tactics.

By the time it's all concluded the public will have lost interest and be concentrating on something else more important to them.

Like their fuel bills jumping by 50% from the end of March.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
He won't get away with it

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Exactly as I expected, delaying tactics.

By the time it's all concluded the public will have lost interest and be concentrating on something else more important to them.

Like their fuel bills jumping by 50% from the end of March.
I, m not so sure Flecc. Longer delay for report I think the worse it gets for Johnson.
But, I suspect powers that be in Tory party think only leader they have capable of winning election is Johnson. Otherwise, think he'd have gone by now.
How many parties have they had??
A birthday party for PM in middle of lockdown must he height of stupidity. And for what... A piece of cake?? Its ridiculous on every level.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Crazy when you think what he has got away with.. Didn't they hang Dick Turpin over theft of a Cockerell??
Out for this with Boris leaves door open for a return tho.. They won't be hanging anybody.. Unless Boris get his way with Cummings.
Oh, and by the way. Sunak attended Birthday party. Rules him out then.
Only the British.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
For Labour voters like me, a bad BJ is better than no BJ ;)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings.

Interesting to hear ex Supreme Court judge Lord Sumption entirely support my previously expressed views, that it is very obscure whether the law has been broken.

He's made exactly the same points as I did, that the law only speaks of gatherings and in this case in reference to places of work which are exempt. And he repeats exactly my point about the Covid laws, that they, like all hurried law, are very badly drafted.

He acknowledges that there's no doubt the spirit of the intended law has been breached, but correctly states that in a criminal matter, to be convicted one must actually break the law.

The police won't be making these judgements, it will be passed to a very nervous CPS who will no doubt seek expert opinion such as from masters at the high court. This may well end with a few individuals being issued fixed penalty notices and then the whole fuss fizzling out.

Never write off Boris Johnson, if he does go it will most likely be for political reasons rather than for proving he's broken the law.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zlatan

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018

Interesting to hear ex Supreme Court judge Lord Sumption entirely support my previously expressed views, that it is very obscure whether the law has been broken.

He's made exactly the same points as I did, that the law only speaks of gatherings and this in reference to places of work which are exempt. And he repeats exactly my point about the Covid laws, that they, like all hurried law, are very badly drafted.

He acknowledges that there's no doubt the spirit of the intended law has been breached, but correctly states that in a criminal matter, to be convicted one must actually break the law for it's spirit to be considered.

The police won't be making these judgements, it will be passed to a very nervous CPS who will no doubt seek expert opinion from masters at the high court. This may well end with a few individuals being issued fixed penalty notices and then the whole fuss fizzling out.

Never write off Boris Johnson, if he does go it will most likely be for political reasons rather than for proving he's broken the law.
The unseating of the piglet looks very very staged and methodical to me. There won't be any burying of what happened - rather more material being strategically uncovered in a timely fashion as it has so far. I have no sympathy with him, but he has clearly pissed off the wrong spads

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The unseating of the piglet looks very very staged and methodical to me. There won't be any burying of what happened - rather more material being strategically uncovered in a timely fashion as it has so far. I have no sympathy with him, but he has clearly pissed off the wrong spads
Yes, definitely a planned hatchet job.

Ironically the newspapers have played a large part, but if he does go he'll probably end up writing for them again, the one job he is actually good at.

• Informative
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

He's made exactly the same points as I did, that the law only speaks of gatherings and in this case in reference to places of work which are exempt. And he repeats exactly my point about the Covid laws, that they, like all hurried law, are very badly drafted.

He acknowledges that there's no doubt the spirit of the intended law has been breached, but correctly states that in a criminal matter, to be convicted one must actually break the law.

The police won't be making these judgements, it will be passed to a very nervous CPS who will no doubt seek expert opinion such as from masters at the high court. This may well end with a few individuals being issued fixed penalty notices and then the whole fuss fizzling out.

All this might well be true, but in the Court of Public Opinion ,when you are explaining , you are losing...and that is where BJ is now.

Advertisers