Brexit, for once some facts.

snafu

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2020
Hall End, North |Warks

While obviously a big hit to letting the average Russian know what is really happening in the world I thought Nick Clegg's reply was classic.

"Soon millions of ordinary Russians will find themselves cut off from reliable information".

In all my life I never thought I would hear the words reliable and information in the same sentence when referring to Facebook.

TTFN
John.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Last edited:
  • :D
  • Informative
Reactions: POLLY and snafu

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

ww3 :p

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it was the only one in the world :rolleyes:

snafu

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2020
Hall End, North |Warks
It's easy to forget the dangers faced by the teams trying to report this terrible conflict so this one is for them.

TTFN
John.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
It's easy to forget the dangers faced by the teams trying to report this terrible conflict so this one is for them.

TTFN
John.
An even more detailed account (and quite good read)

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

Reactions: POLLY

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

Interesting article about China and its changing stance on Ukraine. (Initial advice to Chinese in Ukraine "Put a Chinese flag in your window"...
Now its get out..
They are only ones Putin will listen to.
Do you mind if I have reservations about articles on that site?

At the end of the one you linked to (which does actually have some sense), there is this:

Opinions|Russia-Ukraine war
No, Russia will not invade Ukraine
A large-scale military operation does not fit into Moscow’s cost-benefit calculus.

Reactions: POLLY

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
O
Do you mind if I have reservations about articles on that site?

At the end of the one you linked to (which does actually have some sense), there is this:

Opinions|Russia-Ukraine war
No, Russia will not invade Ukraine
A large-scale military operation does not fit into Moscow’s cost-benefit calculus.
Ofcourse you can, and should. It's healthy.
Think we should judge each article on its merits tho, rather than who is saying it. DM occasionally makes good points. Times occasionally terrible ones.??

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc and oyster

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
On another issue.
Putin has said his demands are
Recognition of the 2 separatist regions.
His continued control of Crimea.
Demilitarisation of Ukrain. (becoming neutral?)
????
Anybody any thoughts?
That sounds better than current situation? Could Ukraine keep sovereignty and Zelenskyy??
Surely it's more supportive of Russia?

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
On another issue.
Putin has said his demands are
Recognition of the 2 separatist regions.
His continued control of Crimea.
Demilitarisation of Ukrain. (becoming neutral?)
????
Anybody any thoughts?
That sounds better than current situation? Could Ukraine keep sovereignty and Zelenskyy??
Surely it's more supportive of Russia?
The gerbil botherer can't look like he's blinked - at least, not in any way which makes him look like he might have... appearing reasonable, benevolent even, is what he's aiming for. If they refuse to demilitarise (it won't be seriously considered), he can use that as justification to continue mincing. I look forward to seeing him charged with crimes against gerbality and putin jail.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I am a relatively recent convert to Apple and even more recently to an iCloud paid sub.

Yesterday, I used its Hide my email feature for the first time. (I have often set up specific emails addresses for particular reasons.) Seems to work a treat:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I am a relatively recent convert to Apple and even more recently to an iCloud paid sub.

Yesterday, I used its Hide my email feature for the first time. (I have often set up specific emails addresses for particular reasons.) Seems to work a treat:

View attachment 45953
Advertisers will just match your ip address with code calls or embedded images (sometimes invisible .GIFs sized 1 pixel X 1 pixel) in any emails you open, unless you view all emails in text only. I use a bunch of mail services which don't require phone number verification, for disposable email addresses. Considered going Apple a few times, but it feels like I might be choosing over-tight shoes - I'm accustomed to doing whatever the hell I like with PC hardware and software. And the new M1 chips are naff for high quality multimedia creation.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Advertisers will just match your ip address with code calls or embedded images (sometimes ivisilble .GIFs sized 1 pixel X 1 pixel) in any emails you open, unless you view all emails in text only. I use a bunch of mail services which don't require phone number verification, for disposable email addresses. Considered going Apple a few times, but it feels like I might be choosing over-tight shoes - I'm accustomed to doing whatever the hell I like with PC hardware and software. And the new M1 chips are naff for high quality multimedia creation.
At least my email address can be terminated just like that if I decide I want to.

Reactions: guerney

Advertisers