Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Yet again, the government acted illegally:

Why high court concluded government's hospital discharge policy at start of pandemic was unlawful
PA Media has filed more on the reasons given by the high court for ruling that the government’s hospital discharge policy at the start of the Covid pandemic was unlawful. (See 10.50am.) PA says:

In a ruling on Wednesday, Lord Justice Bean and Mr Justice Garnham concluded that policies contained in documents released in March and early April 2020 were unlawful because they failed to take into account the risk to elderly and vulnerable residents from non-symptomatic transmission of the virus.

They said that, despite there being “growing awareness” of the risk of asymptomatic transmission throughout March 2020, there was no evidence that then health secretary, Matt Hancock, addressed the issue of the risk to care home residents of such transmission.
And in their ruling the judges said:

In our judgment, this was not a binary question, a choice between on the one hand doing nothing at all, and on the other hand requiring all newly admitted residents to be quarantined.

The document could, for example, have said that where an asymptomatic patient, other than one who has tested negative, is admitted to a care home, he or she should, so far as practicable, be kept apart from other residents for up to 14 days.

Since there is no evidence that this question was considered by the secretary of state, or that he was asked to consider it, it is not an example of a political judgment on a finely balanced issue. Nor is it a point on which any of the expert committees had advised that no guidance was required.

The drafters of the documents of March 17 and April 2 simply failed to take into account the highly relevant consideration of the risk to elderly and vulnerable residents from asymptomatic transmission.
The judges said these issues were not addressed until a further document in mid-April 2020. They concluded:

The common law claim succeeds against the secretary of state and Public Health England in respect of both the March 17 and April 2 2020 documents to this extent: the policy set out in each document was irrational in failing to advise that where an asymptomatic patient, other than one who had tested negative, was admitted to a care home, he or she should, so far as practicable, be kept apart from other residents for 14 days.

• Informative
  • :D
Reactions: POLLY and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Another contentious issue involving his competence now coming from Boris Johnson.

Apparently the Queen's Speech will contain his plans to scrap the Northern Ireland Protocol.

That should cause another uproar involving the EU and Ireland. Already it's being asked, why on eartb did he sign up to it in the first instance?

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Another contentious issue involving his competence now coming from Boris Johnson.

Apparently the Queen's Speech will contain his plans to scrap the Northern Ireland Protocol.

That should cause another uproar involving the EU and Ireland. Already it's being asked, why on eartb did he sign up to it in the first instance?
And this answer is suitably stupidly worded. The very concept of levelling up coasts...? Most of them level up twice a day. Then level down. The wise old king knew this. Johnson is a very ignorant **.

Sally-Ann Hart (Con) asks about coastal communities. Will the government have a targeted strategy to help them?

Johnson says the levelling up white paper addresses this issue. Coastal communities will get resources and attention, he says.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Astonishingly, the fact that Angela was supposed to try to distract from the piglet's "privatise the arse of the passport office" non-existent "Oxford debating skills" escaped the publics notice
The Tory Basic Instinct is to privatise everything they can - at this rate the entire country will be run by poorly educated office temps, or 4GS :eek:

Reactions: oyster

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Don't be so psilly. :)
If I wanted to be more of a fungi at parties, where are the best places to look for wild Magic Mushrooms in the wild? When I was a student, people used to scour land which hadn't been cultivated for 25+ years, in search of a good time.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
If I wanted to be more of a fungi at parties, where are the best places to look for wild Magic Mushrooms in the wild? When I was a student, people used to scour land which hadn't been cultivated for 25+ years, in search of a good time.
I think I have seen more on football pitches, etc., than anywhere else.

But all fungi have a tendency to love one spot, but not another which appears (to us) identical.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

But all fungi have a tendency to love one spot, but not another which appears (to us) identical.
Have you tried them yourself for depression? I knew people who continually used Ketamine for depression, fun, depression... after a couple of decades of this cycle, one was sectioned shortly before the pandemic. I haven't asked how he's fared. Saw a documentary about the spontaneous regaining of the control of movement in Parkinson sufferers, through use of ecstasy, the effect didn't last long.

Maybe spores fall out shroom-lovin' footballer's pockets?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

BTW I rang that micro-dosing magic mushroom extract guy again, and he's feeling much more cheerful because of the weather. Says he doesn't feel the need for any more magic mushrooms or acid... and tried to sell me his dad's recumbent ebike again.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Mafia types need to demonstrate resolve in the most shocking way possible: Putin's red-button pushing finger must be getting extremely itchy by now :eek:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Have you tried them yourself for depression? I knew people who continually used Ketamine for depression, fun, depression... after a couple of decades of this cycle, one was sectioned shortly before the pandemic. I haven't asked how he's fared. Saw a documentary about the spontaneous regaining of the control of movement in Parkinson sufferers, through use of ecstasy, the effect didn't last long.

Maybe spores fall out shroom-lovin' footballer's pockets?
I did try them, but not for any reason other than someone was handing them out!

I did feel very well for at least a couple of weeks after.

Unfortunately, Parkinsons and encephalitis lethargica respond for a while, then seem to continue with their progression.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I did try them, but not for any reason other than someone was handing them out!

I did feel very well for at least a couple of weeks after.
It's where the association that broomsticks have with witches comes from - they used to shove magic mushrooms and other herbs (including Henbane) up their vaginas using broomstick handles, for maximum absorption, and go "Flying". Hence "Riding" broomsticks... Or so I was reliably told, I think. o_O by a National Institute of Medical Herbalists practitioner. This also explains the cackling.

Last edited:
  • Informative

Mrs Honeyman

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2021
Earlier this week, I saw on the BBC news images of were reported to be Russian missiles that had landed in a town, but not exploded. The missiles were sticking out of the ground at a jaunty angle and appeared to be completely intact. The ground around the impact sites looked neatly manicured with the displaced tarmac neatly stacked to one side. Where the missiles emerged from the ground, it was surrounded by finely graded top soil.

It all looked a bit staged to me. I would have expected the missiles to have a lot of energy when they hit the ground. Regardless of whether they exploded, I believe the body would disintegrate or be heavily damaged. The impact site didn’t look right either, it was too tidy and orderly.

I think we are being fed Ukrainian propaganda, which is fine for the Ukrainians to attempt, I’d do the same, but I think the BBC should vet stuff more thoroughly before sending it into people’s homes.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
It's where the association that broomsticks have with witches comes from - they used to shove magic mushrooms and other herbs (including Henbane) up their vaginas using broomstick handles, for maximum absorption, and go "Flying". Hence "Riding" broomsticks... Or so I was reliably told, I think. o_O by a National Institute of Medical Herbalists practitioner. This also explains the cackling.

Potentially giving a different slant on the Welsh expression: Raining old women and sticks.

Reactions: guerney

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

Surely that is an old wives tail..(tale)?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I am assured not - before the NIMH was established in 1864, it was a loose affiliation of herbalists/witches... They're a strange bunch, within which witchery is rife! They claim to know all sorts of very strange things. I'm not convinced that many of them are actually sane. They hold an annual conference where much cackling occurs.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Potentially giving a different slant on the Welsh expression: Raining old women and sticks.
The violently noisy blatter of rain in North Wales was quite deafening at times, but I've never heard that one.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Henbane by itself was enough to induce an "Out of body" flying session, so I was told, by one of them holding a huge bottle of the stuff in her hand. Never tried it myself, she was a frequent experimenter - a very odd woman who took large doses of LSD daily all throughout the 60s, while living in commune squats in London. She was a friend of a friend, and is probably even madder now than she was then. She complained that the NIMH was baing taken over by young "Wiccans" - not sure of the difference between witchery and wicca(nism?). Cackling is common to both groups. They do actually practise cackling. A good evil cackle is a status symbol, apparently. You'd have to meet one.

Last edited:

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Earlier this week, I saw on the BBC news images of were reported to be Russian missiles that had landed in a town, but not exploded. The missiles were sticking out of the ground at a jaunty angle and appeared to be completely intact. The ground around the impact sites looked neatly manicured with the displaced tarmac neatly stacked to one side. Where the missiles emerged from the ground, it was surrounded by finely graded top soil.

It all looked a bit staged to me. I would have expected the missiles to have a lot of energy when they hit the ground. Regardless of whether they exploded, I believe the body would disintegrate or be heavily damaged. The impact site didn’t look right either, it was too tidy and orderly.

I think we are being fed Ukrainian propaganda, which is fine for the Ukrainians to attempt, I’d do the same, but I think the BBC should vet stuff more thoroughly before sending it into people’s homes.
There were plenty of other missiles and cluster bomb carriers display over the last few months. Many in bits , many with the cluster compartment s ..like egg cartons visible and exposed The majority of the missiles ..as opposed to aircraft delivered bombs, will presumably be lightweight structures.. probably aluminium ,or tinplate .. otherwise they don't have the range. Once the propellents have been used up they become gliders . So perhaps the images are authentic..

• :D
Reactions: POLLY and oyster

Advertisers