Brexit, for once some facts.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
if you listen to Patel, you would think that the ECHR blocked the flight. What actually happened was that all but 7 successfully argued their case in our Courts, the European Court of HR only blocks temporarily the transfer of just 1 person, an Iraqi. Lawyers for the other 6 cited the ECHR decision and our government promptly abandoned the court cases and the flight. I reckon Patel and Johnson knew that the flight was useless, its value was in blaming somebody else for their lack of success.
You give Fat-Arse and The Arch-Liar too much credit. Everything is a bin fire, not because of cunning or guile, it’s because the pair of them are as thick as pig shite.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
BS. You’d give people half your age a run for their money;)
Mentally yes.

Physically, no chance. I went to bed last night at 11.50 pm.

I woke up this morning, just about. It was 25 minutes to 11.

So that was 10 hours 45 minutes of not giving anyone a run for their money.

The other 13 hours 15 minutes is being spent weary and sometimes exhausted.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Mentally yes.

Physically, no chance. I went to bed last night at 11.50 pm.

I woke up this morning, just about. It was 25 minutes to 11.

So that was 10 hours 45 minutes of not giving anyone a run for their money.

The other 13 hours 15 minutes is being spent weary and sometimes exhausted.
That describes me when I was 18. The pubs used to shut at 11:00 pm in olden days.

So I’ve lived on from that state for another 42 years. There’s decades left in you.

Reactions: flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Well I never!

Boris Johnson’s ethics adviser Lord Geidt resigns after Partygate grilling
Geidt said: ‘I feel that it is right that I am resigning from my post’ following questions over whether PM broke ministerial code

Partygeidt.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Well I never!

Boris Johnson’s ethics adviser Lord Geidt resigns after Partygate grilling
Geidt said: ‘I feel that it is right that I am resigning from my post’ following questions over whether PM broke ministerial code

Partygeidt.
Didn‘t the last one resign after Boris Johnson asked him to investigate Fat-Arse for bullying, and when he concluded that Fat-Arse was a bully, Boris Johnson made his position impossible forcing him to resign, leaving a Fat-Arsed bully in place?

Then wasn’t there the guy Boris Johnson asked to investigate Downing Street parties who had to resign because he was a massive lockdown party animal himself?

Is it me, or is there a pattern developing here?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Didn‘t the last one resign after Boris Johnson asked him to investigate Fat-Arse for bullying, and when he concluded that Fat-Arse was a bully, Boris Johnson made his position impossible forcing him to resign and leaving Fat-Arse in place?

Then wasn’t there the guy Boris Johnson asked to investigate Downing Street parties who had to resign because he was a massive lockdown party animal himself?

Is it me, or is there a pattern developing here?
And there was a gap of quite a number of months before Geidt was appointed.

And Priti is screaming at the secrecy of the European court. While Mogg refuses to let us know how often our MPs use their security passes (as a proxy of attendance). But it's OK for him to sneak round leaving sarcastic notes on civil servants' desks.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
And there was a gap of quite a number of months before Geidt was appointed.

And Priti is screaming at the secrecy of the European court. While Mogg refuses to let us know how often our MPs use their security passes (as a proxy of attendance). But it's OK for him to sneak round leaving sarcastic notes on civil servants' desks.
I’m not sure they will find another independent ethics adviser. How can you advise an ethically bankrupt man about ethics? If they do fill the role, it will have to be someone like Nadine Dorries. The candidate will need to be stupid, lack awareness, stand for absolutely nothing and have no moral compass in order to stay the distance.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I’m not sure they will find another independent ethics adviser. How can you advise an ethically bankrupt man about ethics? If they do fill the role, it will have to be someone like Nadine Dorries. The candidate will need to be stupid, lack awareness, stand for absolutely nothing and have no moral compass in order to stay the distance.
That seems to be widespread view.

Labour should really push their ethics oversight thingy - formally and legally constituted with powers. Event to the extent of public discussion with other parties. (Except tories, of course.)

Last edited:
Reactions: tillson

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
anyone watching the crypto currencies?

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Last word I saw was "bloodbath".
bloodbath is pretty accurate. All those funds are selling everything and that affects the main stock markets.
Bitcoins drops 25% in the last 5 days. As Bill Gates said, the whole thing is based on the theory of greater fools. At long last, they seem to run out of greater fools.

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
bloodbath is pretty accurate. All those funds are selling everything and that affects the main stock markets.
Bitcoins drops 25% in the last 5 days. As Bill Gates said, the whole thing is based on the theory of greater fools. At long last, they seem to run out of greater fools.
Bitcoin has a sound basis though, so should recover once the rest are disposed of. But the recovery will be nervous for a while.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Most of the time, I don't notice that we are but a few miles from Castlemartin and its tank range. Even if we drive very close, we know it is there, possibly hear a few rounds, but that is it.

Today, we were over in that direction. And it was bang-bang-bang in the distance - on and on and on. Someone is doing a lot of training and exercising.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Did you know that the tories have a charm and tact school? Would-be MPs are sent there for intensive training. Only the ones who pass with flying colours are ever adopted as candidates.

No? Nor did I. It's just the sort of thing that they'll tell us and expect us to believe. Thank goodness for canddiates who prove how untrue it is:

The Conservative candidate in the Wakefield byelection has said voters should still vote for the party despite Imran Ahmad Khan’s conviction for sexually assaulting a boy as “we still trust GPs” after Harold Shipman killed 250 people.

In my experience, the name Shipman is used frequently when patients are not convinced by their GPs. People who might once have had pretty-much blind faith at least in their own GP, now often question every doctor they ever have to deal with. Shipman continues to be the turning point of trust in GPs.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Bitcoin has a sound basis though, so should recover once the rest are disposed of. But the recovery will be nervous for a while.
Couldn't agree more. Much like this stab at generating controversy. Which I suspect is too based on a greater fools hypothesis. A premise that underpins much of the www. Can't help but feel for boris. Engaging in what a reasonable observer would argue our culture is all about, disingenuity, pretense. And ostracised for it. bit like the irony of being andy and witnessing teflon Tony receive an honour for iraq while being cast out for not having sex with a minor.

Reactions: Woosh and flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Elon Musk is sued for $258bn over dogecoin which was invented as a joke in 2013.
The trick to lure people into blockchain coins is to create a market then give it increasing legitimacy like big businesses accepting coins as payment for goods.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

Elon Musk is sued for $258bn over dogecoin which was invented as a joke in 2013.
The trick to lure people into blockchain coins is to create a market then give it increasing legitimacy like big businesses accepting coins as payment for goods.
Were everything he did legitmate in every other way, allegations of Musk's use of public statements to manipulate the world around him, including markets, seem irrefutable. That is, I can't see how he can possibly deny them. They are on-record.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Were everything he did legitmate in every other way, allegations of Musk's use of public statements to manipulate the world around him, including markets, seem irrefutable. That is, I can't see how he can possibly deny them. They are on-record.
I don't know how this is going to play in Court. On one side, the plaintiff argued that he uses his 'pedestal' of being the world's richest man to boost support for the crypto, on the other side, he is not a director of one or many trading firms in cryptos.
History of dogecoin:
at ATH, the market for the doge was worth about $90bn

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

Advertisers