Brexit, for once some facts.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
In order to protect mRNA molecules from the body’s natural defenses, drug developers must wrap them in a protective casing. For Moderna, that meant putting its Crigler-Najjar therapy in nanoparticles made of lipids. And for its chemists, those nanoparticles created a daunting challenge: Dose too little, and you don’t get enough enzyme to affect the disease; dose too much, and the drug is too toxic for patients

History[edit]
Several molecular biology studies during the 1950s indicated that RNA played some kind of role in protein synthesis, but that role was not clearly understood. For instance, in one of the earliest reports, Jacques Monod and his team showed that RNA synthesis was necessary for protein synthesis, specifically during the production of the enzyme β-galactosidase in the bacterium E. coli.[45] Arthur Pardee also found similar RNA accumulation in 1954.[46] In 1953, Alfred Hershey, June Dixon, and Martha Chase described a certain cytosine-containing DNA (indicating it was RNA) that disappeared quickly after its synthesis in E. coli.[47] In hindsight, this may have been one of the first observations of the existence of mRNA but it was not recognized at the time as such.[48]

The idea of mRNA was first conceived by Sydney Brenner and Francis Crick on 15 April 1960 at King's College, Cambridge, while François Jacob was telling them about a recent experiment conducted by Arthur Pardee, himself, and Monod (the so-called PaJaMo experiment, which did not prove mRNA existed but suggested the possibility of its existence). With Crick's encouragement, Brenner and Jacob immediately set out to test this new hypothesis, and they contacted Matthew Meselson at the California Institute of Technology for assistance. During the summer of 1960, Brenner, Jacob, and Meselson conducted an experiment in Meselson's laboratory at Caltech which was the first to prove the existence of mRNA. That fall, Jacob and Monod coined the name "messenger RNA" and developed the first theoretical framework to explain its function.[48]

In February 1961, James Watson revealed that his Harvard-based research group had been right behind them with a series of experiments whose results pointed in roughly the same direction. Brenner and the others agreed to Watson's request to delay publication of their research findings. As a result, the Brenner and Watson articles were published simultaneously in the same issue of Nature in May 1961, while that same month, Jacob and Monod published their theoretical framework for mRNA in the Journal of Molecular Biology.[48]

how much longer do they want the bbc is full of $hit it is toxic crap :p

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
It's time to book my booster....

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
how much longer do they want the bbc is full of $hit it is toxic crap :p
All drugs need a safe delivery mechanism. the article is about Moderna the company, not mNRA technology.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
my weed works fine :cool:

• :D
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It's intended use in the first place:

I watched the interview on Kuenssberg's program. I thought their idea is very interesting. They want to treat cancers of the digestive tract. The idea is to use the enzymes produced by the cancer cells to train the body to identify the latter.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Police force unveils new crime fighting tool - a fleet of tuk-tuks

It is not known how fast the vehicles go, but often tuk-tuks don't travel above 25mph.

they wont catch me lmfao :p

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I'm most likely to buy a used car from someone who looks like Wallace, but this one looks too far gone, even for hobbyists.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It is not known how fast the vehicles go, but often tuk-tuks don't travel above 25mph.
about 40mph. One time in Bangkok, I was in a rush so I shoved a 100 baht note into the hand of tuk tuk driver to get me to Bangkok Central Rail Station as quickly as possible. For the next 15 minutes, I desparately hanged on to the roof bars of the tuk tuk for dear life. my feet literally flew off the floor every time he took a sharp turn around Bankok streets.

• :D
Reactions: flecc and guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

i will never sell mine that thig kicks ass ;)
The instant hateful reaction which most classical fans have to anything non-classical puzzles me. I don't discriminate against timbre - all I hear are notes and patterns, drums are also notes. If that has a MIDI port, I imagine it could be very useful to trigger other instruments to make minimalist music, which has influenced most of the modern popular genres, particularly electronic

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I have to renew our gas supply contract sometime this month.
The new price is 10.5 times the current price we are paying.
My first reaction is to go electric.
I was in France last week. Leroy Merlin stock heap pump hot water units.
Chauffe-eau thermodynamique SAUTER Takhini 200 l | Leroy Merlin
I thought of buying it there and bring it back but it looks suspiciously like a nuclear weapon.

Can anyone recommend a UK sourced heat pump hot water unit?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I feel sorry for the civil servants in the Treasury, the Department of Work and Pensions and HMRC.

All their updating work being undone almost as soon as they complete the changes.

And now we aren't going to get the previously guaranteed cost of living subsidies after April to complete two years of support. The obvious response to them cancelling our support is for us to refuse to support them at the next General Election.

• Agree
Reactions: esuark

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
The instant hateful reaction which most classical fans have to anything non-classical puzzles me. I don't discriminate against timbre - all I hear are notes and patterns, drums are also notes. If that has a MIDI port, I imagine it could be very useful to trigger other instruments to make minimalist music, which has influenced most of the modern popular genres, particularly electronic

yes it has midi but if you connect the midi out you can record the nob changes in a daw or you can just draw it in if not wanting to do it in real time saves getting off ur ass ;)

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
yes it has midi but if you connect the midi out you can record the nob changes in a daw or you can just draw it in if not wanting to do it in real time saves getting off ur ass ;)
Very interesting... I'll look out for one. SoundOnSound like it too, has expansion options

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
that has the audio expansion board fitted but all of the quasimidi stuff have crazy techno sounds but even these things are getting expensive.

you can also expand the sounds but good luck finding one of those but i have a fully expanded quasar so got them anyway.

Advertisers