Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
There are lots of alternative chemistries being actively explored .. many using low cost chemicals . Sodium and Sulpur, Aluminium metal . My point is that the concept of rechargeable can be revised... Aluminium has a very high power density but the waste product is a gloop. It can be remanufactured, not recharged. The way I would see that operating would be exactly the same as Butane gas cylinders .. bring the canister or cartridge back to the garage and get the new one slotted in ..
Ford are plumping for LFP for many future vehicles. I believe Tesla are doing same. https://www.cummins.com/news/2022/09/30/5-fast-facts-know-about-lfp-batteries

The numbers Ford are talking about for EVs are staggering. Seems they are wanting to be largest supplier. Blue Oval normally achieve their goals.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
There are lots of alternative chemistries being actively explored .. many using low cost chemicals . Sodium and Sulphur, Aluminium metal . My point is that the concept of rechargeable can also be revised... Aluminium has a very high power density but the waste product is a gloop. It can be remanufactured, not recharged. The way I would see that operating would be exactly the same as Butane gas cylinders .. bring the canister or cartridge back to the garage and get the new one slotted in .. I see hydrogen canisters for air flight similarly... Aluminium bottles with a honeycomb insulating surface and filled with liquid hydrogen at extremely low temperature, then wheeled out to the aircraft at the runway, and then the flight happens . Then the empty bottle is remanufactured ..to be filled for the next flight .. remanufacture would mean resmelting . This is because hydrogen embrittment of metal is a problem .
For static energy storage , magnesium and calcium are cheap metals and make very efficient utility scale batteries
I've just posted this somewhere more fashionable:

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Reactions: oyster

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

Mercola is a quack, making a fortune out of the gullible.
GI
Why do you insist on pushing his vitriol. He isn't a doctor, has no qualifications and no medical background. He, s a food suplement salesman and about as qualified as my barber to comment on vaccinations.
There is a reason his stuff is closed, put behind a barrier. It's garbage.
And dangerous.
Have a good read of the link. If you applied half your healthy cynicism demonstrated towards authority, governments etc you, d see that his motives are purely financial. He, s accumulated 100 million dollars, much of which was earned through the false claims of his supplements. (and his tanning process).
He, s the epitome of a charlatan.

Last edited:
Reactions: oyster and flecc

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Mercola is a quack, making a fortune out of the gullible.
Why do you insist on pushing his vitriol. He isn't a doctor, has no qualifications and no medical background.
I'm pretty sure you are wrong there. He's a qualified physician and I seem to recall that he had a conventional medical practice some years ago.

But whatever. Look past any biases or preconceptions you have of the guy himself, ignore anything he says that's simply his opinion, and instead concentrate on the information he's linking to., because that is what the article is about.

So tell us what we should be ignoring (and why) from:
"Persistent varicella zoster virus infection following mRNA COVID-19 vaccination was associated with the presence of encoded spike protein in the lesion
by
Mayuko Yamamoto MD, PhD, Misaki Kase MD, Hozumi Sano MD, Reiko Kamijima, Shigetoshi Sano MD, PhD"
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/cia2.12278

"Herpes zoster following BNT162b2 mRNA COVID-19 vaccination in patients with autoimmune inflammatory rheumatic diseases: a case series"
https://academic.oup.com/rheumatology/article/60/SI/SI90/6225015?login=false

And then you can move on to the other sources referenced in the article.

I look forward to your considered reply.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm pretty sure you are wrong there. He's a qualified physician and I seem to recall that he had a conventional medical practice some years ago.
He's a Osteopath, by law having to be registered with the General Osteopathic Council to practice here and also needing to re-register every year.

Not a doctor in terms of the General Medical Council, but a doctor in the same looser sense that my dentist is also entitled to call himself a doctor.

Reactions: tillson and oyster

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I, ll let New York Times answer

He is a qualified Osteopath,neither a medical doctor or physician. My qualifications allow me to say I, m a doctor..
Besides its not his qualifications(actually lack of them) it's his scurrilous claims as alluded to in my first link. I should Re read it and research the accusations again him.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
  • :D
Reactions: POLLY

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
does anyone follow Harry & Meghan saga? The Guardian's article offers some guarded support:
Harry’s allegations are not just about a royal fist fight – but the very real dangers of hereditary power (msn.com)

If you have two boys, would you accept that it's normal that the eldest sone should inherit the family's firm and the other is just plan B?
Am sure ginger may well have valid beef with wally (and god knows, even have been shoved by him). But isn't there just something offensively entitled by their assumption that the national consciousness should preoccupy itself with this while more than a thousand more deserving young men are blown to pieces each day by artillery during a historic cost of living crisis)?

Reactions: Danidl and Zlatan

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Am sure ginger may well have valid beef with wally (and god knows, even have been shoved by him). But isn't there just something offensively entitled by their assumption that the national consciousness should preoccupy itself with this while more than a thousand more deserving young men are blown to pieces each day by artillery during a historic cost of living crisis)?
Not at all their assumption. Harry has written a partial autobiography as a way of coping with his mental ill health, which William certainly won't draw attention to.

It's the media who are the initial villains in seeking sensation to report and the public who lap up this stuff who are as guilty.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If you have two boys, would you accept that it's normal that the eldest sone should inherit the family's firm and the other is just plan B?
It wouldn't worry me in this modern age since both still have free choice. The eldest can choose to abdicate in favour of the younger as Edward VIII did in favour of his brother Albert, who chose to accept and be called King George VI.

snafu

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2020
Hall End, North |Warks
To be honest I'm bored by the whole soap opera.

For someone who craves anonymity he seems to be doing all he can to stay in the public eye. But, it is fortunate that there has always been a film crew at home to capture all the pertinent nonsense. As to William attacking Harry?? I was a Rocker in a previous life, one of my brothers was a "Skinhead". Family Spats were all too common (Although no necklass's or dog bowls were harmed as far as I can remember). The guy served in the military.. He doesn't sound like he would be much use in a bar fight. Then he blames William and Kate for telling him to wear a Nazi uniform for a laugh!! He was 20 years old at the time for Christ sake. In what universe would he think that was ever a good idea?

In today's social media obsessed age I guess it's the equivalent of the rest of us washing our families dirty laundry on facebook. (Which would be lost on me as I don't do that either).

He doesn't seem to be the sharpest knife in the box and personally I think professional help would do him far more good than Netflix and ghost writers telling his story.. JMO.

TTFN
John.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

But whatever. Look past any biases or preconceptions you have of the guy himself, ignore anything he says that's simply his opinion, and instead concentrate on the information he's linking to., because that is what the article is about.

So tell us what we should be ignoring (and why) from:
"Persistent varicella zoster virus infection following mRNA COVID-19 vaccination was associated with the presence of encoded spike protein in the lesion
by
Mayuko Yamamoto MD, PhD, Misaki Kase MD, Hozumi Sano MD, Reiko Kamijima, Shigetoshi Sano MD, PhD"
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/cia2.12278

"Herpes zoster following BNT162b2 mRNA COVID-19 vaccination in patients with autoimmune inflammatory rheumatic diseases: a case series"
https://academic.oup.com/rheumatology/article/60/SI/SI90/6225015?login=false

And then you can move on to the other sources referenced in the article.

I look forward to your considered reply.
In other areas, I have read many things Mercola has written. And find his standards not good. Sure, he knows enough to grab some interesting, even useful, information and make an article. Might be helpful. But some is garbage. And everything is highly derivative.

Like all these people, his aim is to produce the best clickbait he can.

The shingles links are interesting but too many potentially confounding factors - rheumatic disorder, medicines, etc. And what I keep seeing is development of shingles in about 10 to 14 days. Mine took over four weeks.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Shingles? Those look like cobbles.

I myself haven't had any reaction at all (that I've noticed)... but I really should get boosted soon.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Shingles? Those look like cobbles.

I myself haven't had any reaction at all (that I've noticed)... but I really should get boosted soon.

it is toxic crap and the worst vaccine release in history with adverse affects only a brain dead moron would go get some more lol.

By Damian Garde Jan. 10, 2017
In order to protect mRNA molecules from the body’s natural defenses, drug developers must wrap them in a protective casing. For Moderna, that meant putting its Crigler-Najjar therapy in nanoparticles made of lipids. And for its chemists, those nanoparticles created a daunting challenge: Dose too little, and you don’t get enough enzyme to affect the disease; dose too much, and the drug is too toxic for patients.

Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase

so it does not work it does not stop transmission the avg age of death is over 80 yet excess deaths are higher than covid, must be the water ;)

less co2 tho ;)

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
only a brain dead moron would go get some more lol.
But I enjoyed dicing with death so much the first two times! Plus it's fun meeting masked people - also, I can get away with doing my Batman (Bale) impression... which I do at shops while masked all the time.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i had to go for a impression yesterday for a crown to be fitted and a temp filler until it was made and fooked up both 3 times fkn 2.45hrs later i managed to escape lol.

Advertisers