Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Perhaps electolal (pronounced like Kim Jong un's "ronnery") dysfunction? I mean the reason why starmer is a sukak clone must have something to do with representative focus groups..
Lot of years ago a Chinese chap bought a Ford Capri off me. He coped perfectly with Ford but just couldn't manage Capri. Seemed an odd purchase to buy a car that made folk smile every time he said what car he drove. Paid cash and disappeared up road, never heard from him again. Perfect customer.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

she should make a good pm :p

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I know that's the case (from my own quite old ev's trade in value as well). But don't get it when a brand new mg 4 is under 30k (with a lengthy guarantee & range etc), not in the bigger scheme of things much more expensive
Unfortunately there is a waiting list of a year plus for those MGs ... I actually enquired. My 12year old Peugeot is playing up a bit.. I think it's one of those teenage year angst things,.. it will be sprouting acnes theou the paint work one of these months. But at present it's gone into sulky fits where it locks it's brakes on and won't shift no Matter the threats.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Unfortunately there is a waiting list of a year plus for those MGs ... I actually enquired. My 12year old Peugeot is playing up a bit.. I think it's one of those teenage year angst things,.. it will be sprouting acnes theou the paint work one of these months. But at present it's gone into sulky fits where it locks it's brakes on and won't shift no Matter the threats.
You and my doc may have been right about my needing to take statins. I've lose another stone but if that doesn't make serious improvements (got pain under armpits and heart irregular heartbeats after slow running on consecutive days, constant pain in one spot in my chest for awhile (over a week), if it worsens I'll go to A&E) I'll request statins. Till then, raw garlic (allicin) aplenty and Vitamin K2-rick cholesterol-free home-made Textured Vegetable Protein Natto, which already seems to be making a psychosomatic difference:

Pain is much reduced after a week's raw garlic consumption... could worsen after a spot of slow jogging or cycling - will see how it goes.

A pill a day could make me apparently immortal, like you lot ;)

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Unfortunately there is a waiting list of a year plus for those MGs ... I actually enquired.
I hit this problem in early 2018 after the new Nissan Leaf was announced. I'd immediately put a deposit down on one but too late already. Germany was soon announcing a one year waiting list and my local Nissan dealer suggested I take my deposit back since they couldn't give even a vague indication of delivery.

However I was able to jump the waiting list by taking advantage of the disparity of UK incomes. Knowing Nissan would be looking after their dealer chain with some allocation even in poorer areas, I kept my eyes peeled.

Sure enough, searching online one Friday evening I tripped over a newly added announcement that a Nissan dealer in Lancashire was expecting one in, coincidentally just the model and colour I wanted. With virtually no hope of an answer as it was 8pm, I jumped on the phone but to my astonishment it was answered. It transpired that their phone was switched though to that lady's home at close of business.

Having confirmed that the car wasn't spoken for I said I wanted to place a deposit on it and she advised that I could do that through their website. I did that with £1000 immediately and a short while later I received a call from her that she'd seen that, so she gave me their sales manager's name so I could contact him during business hours.

Two weeks later I was 251 miles away in Lancashire to view, test drive and pay for my new car and arrange it's delivery to avoid rapid charging a brand new one at least once to get it home.

I was even exceptionally lucky with that. It appeared there was a local chap with a Range Rover and car trailer who delivered for them who they contacted for a quote. When he learnt where the delivery was to, he didnt quote straight away saying he wanted to do some checking. Shortly after he called back with a quote for only £140, which seemed astonishingly low for an over 500 mile round trip, but it had to be on the next Friday.

On that day I didn't expect to see the car until midday at least, but to my astonishment he arrived before 9am! It was only then why the low price and only Friday was revealed. His Lancashire family had relatives at Hastings, so he'd brought his father with him so they could drive on to Hastings after delivering my car and spend the weekend there.

All in all my lucky new car which I've enjoyed for almost five years ever since.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I hit this problem in early 2018 after the new Nissan Leaf was announced. I'd immediately put a deposit down on one but too late already. Germany was soon announcing a one year waiting list and my local Nissan dealer suggested I take my deposit back since they couldn't give even a vague indication of delivery.

However I was able to jump the waiting list by taking advantage of the disparity of UK incomes. Knowing Nissan would be looking after their dealer chain with some allocation even in poorer areas, I kept my eyes peeled.

Sure enough, searching online one Friday evening I tripped over a newly added announcement that a Nissan dealer in Lancashire was expecting one in, coincidentally just the model and colour I wanted. With virtually no hope of an answer as it was 8pm, I jumped on the phone but to my astonishment it was answered. It transpired that their phone was switched though to that lady's home at close of business.

Having confirmed that the car wasn't spoken for I said I wanted to place a deposit on it and she advised that I could do that through their website. I did that with £1000 immediately and a short while later I received a call from her that she'd seen that, so she gave me their sales manager's name so I could contact him during business hours.

Two weeks later I was 251 miles away in Lancashire to view, test drive and pay for my new car and arrange it's delivery to avoid rapid charging a brand new one at least once to get it home.

I was even exceptionally lucky with that. It appeared there was a local chap with a Range Rover and car trailer who delivered for them who they contacted for a quote. When he learnt where the delivery was to, he didnt quote straight away saying he wanted to do some checking. Shortly after he called back with a quote for only £140, which seemed astonishingly low for an over 500 mile round trip, but it had to be on the next Friday.

On that day I didn't expect to see the car until midday at least, but to my astonishment he arrived before 9am! It was only then why the low price and only Friday was revealed. His Lancashire family had relatives at Hastings, so he'd brought his father with him so they could drive on to Hastings after delivering my car and spend the weekend there.

All in all my lucky new car which I've enjoyed for almost five years ever since.
It's nice when a plan comes together ..it's even nicer when it wasn't even planned.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018

My serendipitous luck was buying a used car before the pandemic and lockdowns and chip shortage. But doesn't time fly, seems the other day you bought it.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
My serendipitous luck was buying a used car before the pandemic and lockdowns and chip shortage. But doesn't time fly, seems the other day you bought it.
Indeed, it's difficult to believe that it was nearly five years ago with it's third MOT coming up.

Incidentally WeBuyAnyCar have just sent their 17th email pleading to buy it. Their message has changed this time:

"We noticed your NISSAN price has dropped.
Now could be a good time to sell as your price may fall again."

So now it's threats!!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
"support for rejoining the EU had increased to 57%, against 43% preferring to stay out".
according to a recent poll.

esuark

Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2019
kent
Reactions: flecc and Woosh

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Ginger's primal scream therapy will be televised, ladies and germs... once the coffers are full, and while she still has her figure: she'll get sick of playing mother and ditch him for a real man

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Four more percent swing and we can start demanding at 61/39.
What if we vote again on brexit? If the result is rejoin, that will drag this country into years of negotiations, eating up bandwidth. Best to join EFTA instead. Starmer may consider it.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
What if we vote again on brexit? If the result is rejoin, that will drag this country into years of negotiations, eating up bandwidth. Best to join EFTA instead. Starmer may consider it.
Agreed, but either will be much easier if Rees Moggs Retained EU Law (Revocation and Reform) Bill is rejected.

If it isn't, even joining EFTA could mean years of renegotiation since the required laws have to have parity first.

• Agree
Reactions: esuark and Woosh

snafu

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2020
Hall End, North |Warks
Agreed. The UK had quite an enviable relationship with the EU previously. None of which would apply if we requested to rejoin. I'm betting the pound would have to go as a minimum requirement. I was/am a definite "Remoaner" but not a "Re-joiner" what is done is done. No way back now which would satisfy the masses despite any spin put on it.

TTFN
John.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Advertisers