Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I thought the same until it came out that he had got them to sign their houses over to him or change their will to make him the sole beneficiary.
Smart as well as compassionate, helping them to express their gratitude!

Ideal cabinet minister material? ;)

• :D
Reactions: daveboy

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
But it wasn't Shipman's decision to make. No one, however qualified on the subject can ever be allowed to unilaterally make that decision IMO.
Someone needs to, the present situation where so called caring professionals keep so many others alive through appalling suffering isn't acceptable.

Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

I, m not defending Shipman but I don't think his motives were at all financial. I believe investigation into whole episode came to a similar conclusion.Screenshot_20230127_082624_com.android.chrome.jpg

Short extract from Shipman investigation.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and POLLY

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018

Speaking of which, chunt is, perhaps predictably, also being implicated by zahawi scandal
Given that starmer would need at least three months notice from his focus groups before taking up any position in life, I can't help wondering whether this is all about the piglets attempt to return to power and that familiar thing, infighting between brexiteer and more remain tories?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Speaking of which, chunt is, perhaps predictably, also being implicated by zahawi scandal
Given that starmer would need at least three months notice from his focus groups before taking up any position in life, I can't help wondering whether this is all about the piglets attempt to return to power and that familiar thing, infighting between brexiteer and more remain tories?
I don't think there's any hidden agenda, I doubt Johnson wants to get back too soon. I believe he would want whoever to go through the current hell for the remaining two years and then stage his return as a national saviour. Now is far too soon for that to work.

In the interests of full disclosure, I once had a tax irregularity. I'd paid too much so HMRC returned the excess to me. :)

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
I don't think there's any hidden agenda, I doubt Johnson wants to get back too soon. I believe he would want whoever to go through the current hell for the remaining two years and then stage his return as a national saviour. Now is far too soon for that to work.

In the interests of full disclosure, I once had a tax irregularity. I'd paid too much so HMRC returned the excess to me. :)
Rationally that makes sense. But the piglet does not, I suspect, subscribe to that kind of sensibility. And the state is, off course, from a certain point of view, a huge low hanging fruit of ppe contracts and unsecured loans etc etc
Does "I'm flying back udders" ring a bell?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

Johnson will be back at sometime. I suspect at next GE.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Rationally that makes sense. But the piglet does not, I suspect, subscribe to that kind of sensibility.
Oh yes he does! Remember how he went into hiding when Cameron resigned because he absolutely did not want to take over the mess at that point.

Having made the mistake of coming back too early after Theresa May I doubt he'll make that mistake again, especially so soon after the scandals of partygate and the now unpopularity of the Brexit he so vigorously promoted.

Does "I'm flying back udders" ring a bell?
That was three months ago and he must have had too much to drink.

At present the only emotions he can inspire is those of bad memories of both him and the Tory party.

Reactions: Woosh

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
As Ukraine is about to receive tanks from all directions, Russia has been forced to innovate when it comes to evacuating wounded soldiers

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Oh yes he does! Remember how he went into hiding when Cameron resigned because he absolutely did not want to take over the mess at that point.

Having made the mistake of coming back too early after Theresa May I doubt he'll make that mistake again, especially so soon after the scandals of partygate and the now unpopularity of the Brexit he so vigorously promoted.
A lot of brexiters did not want to believe that generating new trade from the rest of the world is so hard plus they have always been a lazy lot, preferring the simplicity of their rhetoric to tedious meetings in Brussels.
I reckon BJ fell for the same trap.
He then won big against Corbyn so he and the convervative party believe that he can do same again next time. He unfortunately discovered that the PM job of a disunited country that UK now is, turned out to be a lot harder than that of mayor of successful London.
Yes, he beat Corbyn but there is no way he can beat Starmer. That brexit ship has sailed.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
A lot of brexiters did not want to believe that generating new trade from the rest of the world is so hard plus they have always been a lazy lot, preferring the simplicity of their rhetoric to tedious meetings in Brussels.
I reckon BJ fell for the same trap.
He then won big against Corbyn so he and the convervative party believe that he can do same again next time. He unfortunately discovered that the PM job of a disunited country that UK now is, turned out to be a lot harder than that of mayor of successful London.
Yes, he beat Corbyn but there is no way he can beat Starmer. That brexit ship has sailed.
Chuckle Brothers could beat Starmer and one of them is dead.

Reactions: Woosh

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Reactions: Zlatan and flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Indeed. I hope with truss, on a hard brexit agenda. Having repeatedly voted for it, the electorate is entitled to live the dream
Nah, he'll be in love with Macron and will comeback on a policy of rejoining, getting Ukraine in EU /Nato and get a landslide victory. Why do you think he's still visititing Kiev.??
Tories are only ones insincere enough to do blatant U turns to direction most likely to get office.
Starmer will be dithering with a fence pole up his arse.
Folk forget why Boris was a leaver. He recognised it gave him a route to no10 and not for any intrinsic reasons. Now that has probably changed, so will he. Its his nature. Say and do anything to progress.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Nah, he'll be in love with Macron and will comeback on a policy of rejoining, getting Ukraine in EU /Nato and get a landslide victory. Why do you think he's still visititing Kiev.??
a spot of tourism? since his resignation, he made millions and collecting even more in donations so a little freelancing work?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
His position is totally logical. Why should he expose Labour and himself to right wing press attacks when there are plenty of low hanging fruits to pick like bbc chairman and zahawi. Ask yourself how many tories have a family trust but not being a beneficiary of so avoiding tax on capital gain or receive a 'loan' from an offshore trust.

• Agree
Reactions: esuark

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Tories are only ones insincere enough to do blatant U turns to direction most likely to get office.
Folk forget why Boris was a leaver. He recognised it gave him a route to no10 and not for any intrinsic reasons. Now that has probably changed, so will he. Its his nature. Say and do anything to progress.
Indeed. And I equally have no idea why the conservative electorate suddenly lost their taste for short sighted second hand car salesmen. I was rather looking forward to the next installment, seeing them buy another from the piglet. Might have something to do with international markets and pigeons coming to roost I guess.

Reactions: Zlatan and Woosh

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
His position is totally logical. Why should he expose Labour and himself to right wing press attacks when there are plenty of low hanging fruits to pick like bbc chairman and zahawi.
Hard to say which way Starmer will go. He likes to portray himself as a man of high principles, but I know from his time as DPP that he has none when he sees that is expedient. Then he becomes Labour's version of Boris Johnson, concerned only with his own ambition above all else.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hard to say which way Starmer will go.
Johnson and zahawi set such a low bar, Starmer does not have to do much
Conservatives had 12% lead over Labour in the period leading to the 2019 election. Labour currently enjoys 20% lead over the conservatives.
Blair was in a similar position, he did not have to say much on policies before winning the 1997 election.
Sunak and Hunt are a little better, but not enough to reverse Starmer's current lead. If he says too much, he'll blunt his lead.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Hard to say which way Starmer will go. He likes to portray himself as a man of high principles, but I know from his time as DPP that he has none when he sees that is expedient. Then he becomes Labour's version of Boris Johnson, concerned only with his own ambition above all else.
Well yes, to consider starmer a man of principle, at all, from any point of view, or angle, ever, under any circumstance requires the same, er, "courage" and mindset as buying another second hand car from the piglet.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and Zlatan

Advertisers