Brian from Manchester

Hammerhead

Just Joined
Mar 7, 2014
Hi all , just purchased my first ebike from eBay , a batribike mercury unisex step through design. Front wheel 8fun motor rear rack 36 v 10ah battery . Wow didn't expect it to be as good as that makes biking a real pleasure . I wasn't to happy with the girly look so bought a brand new hybrid bike with alloy frame from Argos and swapped all the ebike grub bins over.happy to say all works perfect and quite happy with the way it looks and handles now . My brother lives in Warrington so thought I would be adventurous and give the 27 mile trip a go. So happy to have that little motor to make the hills easier as I'm not the fittest or lightest person but I managed there fine. Coming back was a little tiring though

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
. So happy to have that little motor to make the hills easier as I'm not the fittest or lightest person but I managed there fine. Coming back was a little tiring though
Hi Hammerhead,
Did you recharge the battery before returning, or try for both ways?

Hammerhead

Just Joined
Mar 7, 2014
Hi Hammerhead,
Did you recharge the battery before returning, or try for both ways?

Hi Jackandy ,
I tried both ways to see what the range is on the battery as they were used when i bought the bike. they last for about 30 miles on high assist with moderate pedalling . luckily i had a spare battery as i bought 2 of the same bikes so i wasnt stuck without power . will try on medium assist and see if the range is better .

Reactions: jackhandy

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
I guess Hills can mean different things to different people :p

Hammerhead

Just Joined
Mar 7, 2014
Ok fair enough you have me on that one , i suppose what i should have said is makes it easier on the inclines. thanks

Reactions: Artstu

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Sorry it was tongue in cheek, little hills are still hills especially if you're not fit.