Bristol Show

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Years ago, the air rifle field target competitions got hit by competitors who had upped the power of their rifles over the legal limit of 12 foot pounds.
The advantages of over limit rifles were that the bullets flew faster, flatter and were less affected by the wind.
The answer was compulsorily testing of all rifles prior to the competition.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
After all this controversy it would be a foolish manufacturer to put a bike into this race,you are from now onwards in a lose-lose situation.
If you win you will be accused of using a non legal bike ,cheating if your like,and that is why you won.
If you lose your bike will be thought of as a poor hill climber.
KudosDave

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Personally I view it as a bit of fun, there are too many variables at play to base a decision to buy solely on which bike gets up the hill first.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
After all this controversy it would be a foolish manufacturer to put a bike into this race,you are from now onwards in a lose-lose situation.
If you win you will be accused of using a non legal bike ,cheating if your like,and that is why you won.
If you lose your bike will be thought of as a poor hill climber.
KudosDave
Agreed, from now on it needs scrutineering (Is that as still a word? 'twas when I was racing Bangers.)

Seriously, I would happily volunteer to help if people feel it would be of use.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
There's only 2 ways to settle the debate:

1; Mr KTM and Mr Oxygen need to get on non ebikes and race. The loser pays £50 to the charity of the winner's choice.

2; They both send me a bike for a month to test. ;)

Colin, he must've been fitter than you because he won.
unless he cheated ;)

Colin,were you riding the KTM e-Panasonic hub drive bike?
yes, and I loved it. Don't mind getting beaten by a fitter rider, or a faster bike... but.....

but even the suggestion of such checks moves the event away from the fun idea.
Such a shame.
KudosDave
why would it being a fair race move it away from the fun idea??. I don't enter any race without the intention of doing my best. I enjoy it, so its fun. Some people do it in fancy dress and go slowly and probably get more coverage for their brand.. they're having fun. Equally it appears the guys from Oxygen got people into race on their bikes for them, and trained especially hard for it. They I'm sure also had fun. But if its going to be a race, then the rules should really be adhered to otherwise its just a waste of time for all concerned.... and thats not fun :)

I'll just come on one of these next year.

http://www.ktm.com/gb/freeride/freeride-e/highlights.html#.U68OEKjvZ_k

:)

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I noticed my bike cuts off at 15.5 mph when on eco, put it on full power setting and it goes to 17 mph before the cut off. Not a lot of power getting to the wheel but it shows on the display and the motor can be heard.

Tubamanandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
I`m not really interested who won the race but I would have that Oxygen Bike any day rather than any of the KTM`s models currently available.

alex_h

Pedelecer
Dec 28, 2009
@colin KTM,

I'm really surprised with your attitude Colin and the way you post about this. Quite frankly you are a poor looser and you just don't seem to accept the fact you got beaten up. You introduce yourself here as a professional racer here and from your riding style on the video I can clearly see that you have years of racing behind you but you even raise issue that Oxygen rider was training for this race for 6 weeks and the rules should be adhered if its a race, WTF

Sorry to say and not being offensive but only a {Moderator : stop using language like this) can say things like this. :confused: Ideally would be if all bikes cur off at 15mph and Colin being the only professional rider can beat everybody up.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4366

I'm surprised Alistair from Atmosphere hasn't been on here. He should be able to confirm that Oxygen asked him to check all the bikes including their own. Why would they ask him to do that if they weren't sure that their bikes were operating within the rules?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
After reading this thread, I can clearly see that some people are quite upset. I always thought this forum, as others are friendly places to go to for a friendly chat, advice or help.

Things need to change drastically, as members new and old will just get so fed up they will leave.

Why do so many of you always moan and groan about everything ??

Also it does not do anyone any good slagging members off. I am sick to death of reading this on the forum.

There are a lot of members on here who do not post much of the time, but I for one can assure you that we get fed up of the way in which some debates digress into a slanging match.

Please can we get back to good banter like it used to be, then we "the none posters" will enjoy reading more, and perhaps get involved more in the future.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
After reading this thread, I can clearly see that some people are quite upset. I always thought this forum, as others are friendly places to go to for a friendly chat, advice or help.

Things need to change drastically, as members new and old will just get so fed up they will leave.

Why do so many of you always moan and groan about everything ??

Also it does not do anyone any good slagging members off. I am sick to death of reading this on the forum.

There are a lot of members on here who do not post much of the time, but I for one can assure you that we get fed up of the way in which some debates digress into a slanging match.

Please can we get back to good banter like it used to be, then we "the none posters" will enjoy reading more, and perhaps get involved more in the future.
Well said!

D

Deleted member 4366

It was great until people (person) come on here and call others cheats. I will continue to fight until this injustice is resolved.

It was great until people (person) come on here and call others cheats. I will continue to fight until this injustice is resolved.
d8veh, lets move on. I'd given up until I saw the video that you posted that I thought actually backed up my point. Clearly neither of us are going to be able to prove our case. So lets save it for next year's race.