Bristol Show

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
Is that the KTM you're sending me for a month? ;)

Is that the KTM you're sending me for a month? ;)
I'm afraid these totally sold out to dealers, I even had to give up the one that was supposed to be coming to us because a dealer was so desperate for it.

we've got a new batch of demo eBikes coming into the UK in July for our reps and sales guys to use. If there is a Panasonic drive bike going spare, I'll see if we can send you one for a couple of weeks so you can see what you think of it on your local hills.

alex_h

Pedelecer
Dec 28, 2009
d8veh, lets move on. I'd given up until I saw the video that you posted that I thought actually backed up my point. Clearly neither of us are going to be able to prove our case. So lets save it for next year's race.
Colin I used to race a bit in my life professionally too and quite frankly I think that professional racers should not take part in this type of race cos its not fair

You could bring Bradley Wiggins to Bristol race and would this be fair? No, the same applies to you mate. You race professionally and this is a race for amateur guys.

Then if you loose you just can't take it and accuse, WTF. To be honest these KTM bikes are nice but I don't think you are doing any good now promoting your bikes. It rather works opposite way.

Last edited:

alex_h

Pedelecer
Dec 28, 2009
I noticed my bike cuts off at 15.5 mph when on eco, put it on full power setting and it goes to 17 mph before the cut off. Not a lot of power getting to the wheel but it shows on the display and the motor can be heard.
On my Ezee Torq I used to get bit more power and speed when battery was fully charged then it was say half way down. I never had a computer fitted to actually see what difference on speed it was

billadie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2010
Tewkesbury
After reading this thread, I can clearly see that some people are quite upset. I always thought this forum, as others are friendly places to go to for a friendly chat, advice or help.

Things need to change drastically, as members new and old will just get so fed up they will leave.

Why do so many of you always moan and groan about everything ??

Also it does not do anyone any good slagging members off. I am sick to death of reading this on the forum.

There are a lot of members on here who do not post much of the time, but I for one can assure you that we get fed up of the way in which some debates digress into a slanging match.

Please can we get back to good banter like it used to be, then we "the none posters" will enjoy reading more, and perhaps get involved more in the future.

I'm with you on this. There is a huge and bitter argument about a supposed bike race.
Now I ride a Smarta LX8, a hugely heavy copy of a Dutch roadster which is totally reliable (15K miles over 4 years) but would never be described as fast, even by its mother. Yet it won the World Championship in 2013 and came second in 2012. This is like Seb Vettal driving a Fiesta or a Dacia and illustrates that this race is just a bit of flannel and fun. Could I suggest that in future, if the organisers have not be put off already, that it be performed in fancy dress. that bikes be allocated to riders at random, and that anyone who looks like they seriously want to take part, be banned for their own good. Might even attract spectators!

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Of course the fastest road legal production electric bike was there, but it wasn't entered into the competition. And it was crank drive. Any guesses as to name and top speed?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder,but I looked at many bikes (too many!) at Eurobike last year,there were some exotica....like the carbon M1 or Haibike Pro both £6k and dramatic looking.
But my overal favourite was the KTM 400 Macina Sport,surprisingly it does not seem to get much attention on this forum,it's just over £2k and has,to my eyes,understated elegance-ignoring price it would be my choice of a daily ride to work bike.
My wife fell in love with the KTM e-shopper.
KudosDave

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
D8veh
Won but I did tease him about the fastest crank drive ;-)