B'spoke/custom battery builder required-any recommendations please?

Sparks71

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 19, 2018
Notts
Hi,

I've decided I can't bare to part with my beloved Canyon 29er so I've decided that I'm going to invest in the Bbshd 1000w mid drive motor kit and then try and have a bag type battery made up to fit my triangle.
Can anyone recommend me a good honest quality battery builder in the UK?
Maybe it would help if it took them my bike to get the correct measurements before they build the battery?
Can anybody see any potential issues I may run into doing this build or offer me some good advice on the build please?
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: KirstinS

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: artspeck

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
You can not beat Jimmy he made my latest pack Insat all the way for the best batteries.
Agreed, though, and may just be me, but I have had a good few soft pack frame batteries over the years. No matter how waterproof the bag is supposed to be I have suffered water ingress. So ideally a hard shell case. However I don't think Jimmy makes cases. He can recell a ything or build a pack in whatever shapes. Do I take it that HL case (aka hailong) won't fit the triangle? Is it a full suss?

To be fair I'm a year round commuter so my bikes see a lot of rain!

Also more generally I'd not get a 1000w mid drive. Its just too much, imho. Use so much power reducing range, wear your components faster and just not needed unless you want an off road scrambler. Personally I'd go 500w and run at 21a (24a is max) which is still very potent motor. Even up. Steep hills off road

Last edited:

Deus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2014
Dewsbury
you are correct he does not make cases at the moment i am using a EM3 triangle case which i have treated with a waterproof spray but its not in anyway watertight, so i am going to make a case from GRP.

Keterick

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 15, 2011
Hi,

I've decided I can't bare to part with my beloved Canyon 29er so I've decided that I'm going to invest in the Bbshd 1000w mid drive motor kit and then try and have a bag type battery made up to fit my triangle.
Can anyone recommend me a good honest quality battery builder in the UK?
Maybe it would help if it took them my bike to get the correct measurements before they build the battery?
Can anybody see any potential issues I may run into doing this build or offer me some good advice on the build please?
Thanks in advance.
Jimmy at BGA Re-working, just off the North Circular?