Budget controller /display kit

Mappier

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2020
Thanks vfr400. I connected the self-learn wires together and raised the back wheel of the ground, switched the battery and display on. The motor ran but I think the drive sprocket went backwards and the cranks didn't rotate.
I switched off and disconnected the self-learn wires. Switched back on and the throttle worked normally. I then took the bike on a short test ride. The power indicator bars on the display all came on and instead of the motor cutting out as before power was maintained.
I live on the side of a hill, it will be interesting to see what speed it can achieve on the flat.
Thanks again for your assistance.

Mappier

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2020
I took the bike(Woosh Sirocco Sport CD 2013) for an extended trial ride and there are still two problem issues.
Using PAS on the flat or on hills motor power is cut momentarily for no apparent reason after all the power indicator bars on the display are lit. Thinking back to when I fitted the magnets and sensor I had to have the direction arrows pointing backwards in order to get it to switch on the motor; could this be the problem?
Throttle: Lifting the back wheel the throttle will bring the indicated speed up to 16mph but when I'm riding the bike it only gets up to about 9 or 10mph. Also, the power indicator bars on the display all come on and the motor doesn't cut out. It just doesn't feel like the motor is delivering all its power.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The sensor being backwards is not a problem. It wouldn't work at all if you had it the wrong way round.

You know you have to change gears to get higher speed from the motor?