Buying from Aliexpress

Gooseman

Pedelecer
May 12, 2020
angus
What payment method do you use on this site to best protect yourself paypal/credit card. As its a chinese based site i take it there is no credit card protection?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I use both and have been refunded a few times without issue.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Reactions: Gooseman

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
What payment method do you use on this site to best protect yourself paypal/credit card. As its a chinese based site i take it there is no credit card protection?
I would think that credit cards section 75 would be operative wherever you spent the money so long as it was over £100.

Reactions: Gooseman

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
PayPal works for me but Alie are not I’m my good books ATM
a bit like eBay they are a collection of traders, some large businesses as well as individuals.
if you get a bad one Like I did recently, the 4 to 6 week delivery could be extended, apparently my parcel was lost before it left China and had to be resent 2 weeks later. I Then had A new ETA, at the end of this new eta I still had no goods (8 weeks after original order) at this point it’s time to request a refund but again you need to wait some more before it’s settled.
in this particular instance it was close to 3 months from placing the order to getting my money back.
i should say that I’ve had some good deals in the past but when they go bad, you’re left with a bitter tase in your mouth. That’s not soon forgotten.

Reactions: Andy-Mat