Buying used e-bikes

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
KKM100SX motor will be the desirable Aikema or clone (Q100). LCD looks like a KT LCD1, so it has the desirable KT controller too. As ong as you're not too heavy, that's the one I'd go for.

hyperknot

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 4, 2020
KKM100SX motor will be the desirable Aikema or clone (Q100). LCD looks like a KT LCD1, so it has the desirable KT controller too. As ong as you're not too heavy, that's the one I'd go for.
Thanks, by Googling for Aikema I found an extremely similar bike, I'd say it's the same one under a different brand name.

That one says:
battery: PORTAPOWER capacity 8,7Ah / 313.2 Wh
motor: AIKEMA Front hub motor, 36V, 250W
mode switch: TGK-36-WM
LCD: King-Meter LCD

By Googling PortaPower, I found probably the battery used in this bike:
it's either YL-TBH1 or YL-TFH1 or YL-TFH2 with supposedly Panasonic cells.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Thanks, by Googling for Aikema I found an extremely similar bike, I'd say it's the same one under a different brand name.

That one says:
battery: PORTAPOWER capacity 8,7Ah / 313.2 Wh
motor: AIKEMA Front hub motor, 36V, 250W
mode switch: TGK-36-WM
LCD: King-Meter LCD

By Googling PortaPower, I found probably the battery used in this bike:
it's either YL-TBH1 or YL-TFH1 or YL-TFH2 with supposedly Panasonic cells.
That's different because it doesn't have a the KT LCD1 display. These bikes are all built with standard Chinese catalogue parts. The battery will be a standard case with whatever they put in it.

You only have to look at Hailong battery cases to see that they're all the same on the outside and they all fit in the same receiver, but they cost from £150 to £450 and range from 36v 10Ah to 48v 17.5Ah with every type of cell you can imagine.

The sellers buy these bikes from the Chinese factories. Sometimes, when they haven't got a clue about ebikes, they just take whatever the factory offers, but when they become a bit more savvy, they start to discuss options for motors, batteries, brakes, tyres, etc. If they want to get down to a price point, they can put in cheaper versions, or the buyer might want a particular battery capacity because they know that's what their customers want.

Basically, you cannot compare similar looking bikes without knowing the details.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Kingmeter = Lishui controller, could be speed or current control.

markifi

Just Joined
Jan 13, 2021
(Since this is the topic Google refers me to when searching for the motor KKM100SX, first post on the forum; hello everyone!)
I had a look in person at the white e-bike OP was referring to, I found out the following, sorry about all but 3 of these being off topic:
  • It has been branded Neuzer Palermo, Kellys SLF001, and StoneFly E-Bike in the past, with various prices ranging from 555 EUR to 699 EUR
  • minimum seat height is ~53 centimetres on the women's version, that means a teenager could use it as well as an average adult (I'm 173 cm tall, I need 73 cm from centre of bottom bracket to top of the saddle) I didn't check the max, but assume 80cm-ish since it's a 19 inch sized frame on the women's version
  • the thing on the handlebar is indeed a Suzhou Kunteng KT-LCD1
  • walking assist works
  • the battery pack is about 38 cm long, therefore it might be the Portapower YL-TFH1, 313 Wh mentioned above
  • the hub motor has this written on it: akm160600691 bbe3628a
  • i've attached a picture of the battery connector I've taken
  • light is "Kendo by Spanninga" whatever that might be
@hyperknot did you buy the bike? do you like it? I'm thinking about getting one as well.

Attachments

Last edited: