byocycle

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
As there is no spare connector it is likely the controller may not be configured/programmed to accept one.
You could take a risk and try and add one but doubt it will work, the gnd & 5v will be easy to identify and try to solder however there may not be a place on the pcb for the signal wire. Possibly the sp+ in pic#3 at top left is a candidate for the signal but it is purely a guess, the risk may be small ( and is totally yours to decide) if you try and it doesn't work then simply unsolder them.

cardsharp1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 18, 2019
As there is no spare connector it is likely the controller may not be configured/programmed to accept one.
You could take a risk and try and add one but doubt it will work, the gnd & 5v will be easy to identify and try to solder however there may not be a place on the pcb for the signal wire. Possibly the sp+ in pic#3 at top left is a candidate for the signal but it is purely a guess, the risk may be small ( and is totally yours to decide) if you try and it doesn't work then simply unsolder them.
thanks will have a look and see if its easy lol

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
thanks will have a look and see if its easy lol
The risk is you may possibly cause damage to the controller, the sp+ contact could just be a quick touch/dry contact to test then if it works solder it .

cardsharp1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 18, 2019
The risk is you may possibly cause damage to the controller, the sp+ contact could just be a quick touch/dry contact to test then if it works solder it .
there are 3 wires on the thumb throttle red white black so where will i connect these wires

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Black is ground so would go to Gnd marked port all the Gnd ports should test for continuity on the board so use an empty one. There are three spare Gnd ports next to sp+.

Red is 5V so again needs to go to a marked 5v port again all 5v should test for continuity on the board , again use an empty 5v port on the pcb if available.
Two 5v ports are in use to the right of the sp+, it looks as if there might be a spare 5v port to the left of the two in use.

White wire is the signal/speed wire so try it on the sp+ port I mentioned on the pcb, if it works all good and well if it doesn't then likely the controller doesn't support a throttle.

Don't build your hopes up too much as probably this won't work .

Last edited: