Cadence sensor to match crank?

Gooseman

Pedelecer
May 12, 2020
angus
Trying to get cadence sensor/magnet attached to this crank if i use the first 12 pole magnet and place behind the nut there is no thread left to put the nut back on, if i place it on this side of the nut i can't get it to sit properly has a major wobble so the sensor would only pick up maybe half the disc. The other one if i cut it in half is thinner and would probably be ok behind the nut but i think the diameter is to small as the sensor would need to fit to the frame. Is there a solution i am not seeing or is there another type of cadence sensor for this type of crank?

IMG_20200730_172741_5.jpg IMG_20200730_172758_2.jpg IMG_20200730_172810_3.jpg

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The 12 magnet one is most likely handed, so test which way it works before installing. The 8 magnet one is only directional, so make sure you know which way it works before installing too. I'd use the 8 magnet one because there are often compatibility issues with those 12 magnet ones. Take the sensor off the bracket and make your own bracket that'll hold it where you want.

Gooseman

Pedelecer
May 12, 2020
angus
The 12 magnet one is most likely handed, so test which way it works before installing. The 8 magnet one is only directional, so make sure you know which way it works before installing too. I'd use the 8 magnet one because there are often compatibility issues with those 12 magnet ones. Take the sensor off the bracket and make your own bracket that'll hold it where you want.
Thanks i'll give that a go.