'Cafe Real' bike/brand

peterjd

Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2019
Has anyone come across these bikes which appear fairly regularly on Ebay. The ones I've looked at have been hybrid style (sloping crossbar and apparently fairly upright 19" frame). 700C wheels and 4 speed Shimano Nexus hub gears. I'm particularly interested in the overall weight and the front wheel dropout size. My interest is that I wondering about transferring the modified Swytch Mk1 which is currently on my old lightweight 700c touring bike with 3x6 Deraileur gears. That works pretty well but for the urban use to which it is now dedicated I really only use a couple of the gears all off the middle chainring. (I intend using the Decathlon 500e that I've acquired for any touring in this country that I might want to do). The downtube gear change is now a pain with the extra weight of the bike with electrics making the bike slightly less stable with one hand off to operate the gear levers (and perhaps also as I get older?). A 4 speed twist grip gearchange I suspect would be better and sufficient. However I would not be happy with an excessive increase in overall weight - hence the question about the weight of the 'Cafe Real'. Any thoughts?