Camp in my garden!

eBoy

Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2014
Throttle jockeys! Just found this whizzo website called campinmygarden.com offering camping all over the country - and beyond - in people's gardens. Even in central London. Cuts out the formality of regular campsites, and it's cheap, and free to join. Sounds just the ticket for e-bikers on the move! I'll bet they'll let you charge your battery too! I tthink I'll give it a whirl - in zee garden of a newsagents near the prom in Cleveleys!

Keep kool, dudes!

Johnny

Ken Dando

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 5, 2014
Have used parkatmyhouse.com before (now called justpark) which worked very well. Whatever next - ridemybike.com which might not involve bicycles at all.............

eBoy

Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2014
LOL, Ken! Yes, I love the idea of sharing-type websites. The informality of campinmygarden.com really appeals. Like you say, the idea could extend to almost anything. borrowmybattery.com or lendusaspannermate.com or callinforacuppa.com! The garden camping has been going for four years, so it looks successful!

JOKETIME! George Formby's arch-enemy Adolf Hitler apparently loved the outdoors and sleeping in tents. He actually wrote a book about it, called Mein Kampf.

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
People should also be aware of the Dutch Friends of the Bicycle (Vrienden op der Fiets) network. It costs €10 a year but bike tourers get to use a worldwide network of b&b arrangements set up by bike aficionados, for €20 a night including breakfast.

Last edited:

eBoy

Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2014
Triffic! i'd never heard of those groups. Just had a proper look at campinmygarden.com. It is worldwide. You can stay in a garden in Tasmania, Bolivia, all over shop. Amazing!