Can’t decide, hub kit or new ebike

Muppet

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 9, 2022
Hi, just a quick introduction, I’ve been biking to commute 10 hilly miles each way for the past 20 years on various bikes, the later 2 workhorses being a Norco threshold and a carrera vengeance mk1 e bike with bafang hub. I tend to alternate between the two so I can commute every day. I want to replace the ebike now but I’m not sure which way to go on it. I’ve seen the decathlon rockriders but there are a lot of horror stories about their brose motors. I kid of fancy the woosh grand camino. Then there’s the option of converting my old mtb with a new hub kit possible woosh or dillenger. Summary is that I need a good strong ebike to cope with Sheffield hills, plus I weigh over 16 stones and I don’t want to spend a fortune, any ideas or has anyone any experience with any of the above. Thanks in advance for any advice to help with this minefield of options/or lack of.

70notout

Just Joined
May 9, 2022
Hi, just a quick introduction, I’ve been biking to commute 10 hilly miles each way for the past 20 years on various bikes, the later 2 workhorses being a Norco threshold and a carrera vengeance mk1 e bike with bafang hub. I tend to alternate between the two so I can commute every day. I want to replace the ebike now but I’m not sure which way to go on it. I’ve seen the decathlon rockriders but there are a lot of horror stories about their brose motors. I kid of fancy the woosh grand camino. Then there’s the option of converting my old mtb with a new hub kit possible woosh or dillenger. Summary is that I need a good strong ebike to cope with Sheffield hills, plus I weigh over 16 stones and I don’t want to spend a fortune, any ideas or has anyone any experience with any of the above. Thanks in advance for any advice to help with this minefield of options/or lack of.
Well I purchased a Woosh gran camino a couple of months back and I am so far delighted with it, in fact I cant fault it in anyway the online purchase went extremely smoothly the bike arrived on time and in first class order and the quality surpassed my expectation, it was easy to assemble and the tools were even supplied.

The riding experience and comfort are first class, battery range has been good and the motor is coping well here in the Lake District. I will one day do a full review of the bike , but what ever you go for I hope it works well for you

70notout

Just Joined
May 9, 2022
Well I purchased a Woosh gran camino a couple of months back and I am so far delighted with it, in fact I cant fault it in anyway the online purchase went extremely smoothly the bike arrived on time and in first class order and the quality surpassed my expectation, it was easy to assemble and the tools were even supplied.

The riding experience and comfort are first class, battery range has been good and the motor is coping well here in the Lake District. I will one day do a full review of the bike , but what ever you go for I hope it works well for you
I don`t know if this is in order but I have just noticed there is a Woosh Gran Camino for sale in the pedelec classifieds :-

For Sale - Woosh Gran Camino | Pedelecs - Electric Bike Community

I have no connection with the seller I just thought it worth passing the info on

Muppet

Jul 9, 2022

Thanks for the information, I am starting to lean more toward buying this bike. I haven’t found any negative feedback about it and for the price it would be tough to beat. Tbh, when I walked into one of the mainstream ebike merchants I got an education or more accurately a shock on how much the big brands cost. Walk in there with anything less than 3k the best you’ll get is some strange looks from the sales staff. Thanks again, hope it serves you well.

Reactions: 70notout

Muppet

Jul 9, 2022
Reactions: 70notout

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
We tell many on here after a first ebike for about the 1k mark, one won't go very wrong with a Woosh bike as a first step in to ebikes. The service during and after is very good.

Reactions: Muppet