Can anyone help identify this bike?

SquirreledAway

Just Joined
Sep 21, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I just bought my first e-bike off a friend of a friend, and it's in pretty rough shape. The first thing I had to do was replace the battery, which is a 36V SLA (three 12V batteries wired in series).Worked okay for a couple of short trips, but the second time I charged it, I found out the charger that came with the bike has no overcharge protection and the brand new batteries melted down. Now I'm trying to rewire the battery and probably also need to replace the charger that came with it.

The main problem is that everything on the bike is in Chinese. I do not read Chinese, so I'm flying a bit blind here. The make seems to be Battle. Has anyone seen one of these before?

image.jpg

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Hi, welcome to the forum.

I can't say that I've ever come across that model before, but electric bikes in general (in fact, all electric vehicles) are relatively simple machines and tend to share common modular components.

First of all, you need to confirm how your batteries were destroyed. You say "melted", but what actually happened? I can't say that I've ever seen one 'melt' and I've done a lot of stupid things with batteries. Is your charger a slow charger and you basically left it on charge and forgot about it?