Can anyone help me here?

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
Ok.. I know a few on here know me, got 2 Uber reliable KTMs but I need some help. My brother in law bought what I suspect is an errrm... Nasty Chinese commute bike and it's gone Pete Tong... Or Pete Wong... It was working fine (Hmmm...shows as only 226 miles recorded history) when you hit the thumb switch then no power transfer. I've edited this initial post as I realised on rereading it kinda made no sense. Apologies for that, too many beers lol....

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
What do you mean by it works until you hit the thumb-switch? Normally the bike wouldn't work until you switched it on, then when you hit the switch again, it would go off and not work anymore. Is he hitting the switch when it's already switched on?

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
Which thumb switch? Not sure if you're talking about a thumb-throttle on the handlebars or one of the buttons on the display?

I was using a system with the same display as a commuter for most of last year (mine is badged as "Y02 - Yose Power" but looks identical), never had any problems and it performs a lot better than other systems I've tried.
Happy to help more once I understand what the problem is.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
That switch is to show the battery charge level LEDs - nothing to do with the functioning of the bike. We're wasting our time trying to guess what the problem is. Get him to sign up here and tell us what's going on.

Reactions: Barrio Barranco

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
That switch is to show the battery charge level LEDs - nothing to do with the functioning of the bike. We're wasting our time trying to guess what the problem is. Get him to sign up here and tell us what's going on.
Yeah that would be the best thing tbh but i doubt he'd do it. Anyone here on the IOW/Pompey that is knowledgeable that could help out? Long shot I know....

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
Posted up a few maybe more relevant shots. Maybe someone can even identify the make/ model. It's got manual brake cut outs could even be a stuck switch in one of those... Yeah it's a needle in a haystack job. Given him the pedelecs site he will probably be on it later... Thanks for your replies and time...