Can anyone identify model of my vintage Specialized ebike?

Chrisg149

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2020
For insurance purposes my old Specialized ebike requires a model name; even though it's not valuable. Does anybody recognise it? I got it secondhand and with help from the forum have repaired and modernised. Converted to direct hub motor from old independent motor with thin drive chain to hub, and also changed from unbelievably heavy lead acid batteries to lighter modern type. Thanks Chris. P.S. Any idea where the serial number might be stamped? I've looked on the underside of the main frame without luck. Thanks.

Original Specialized ebike diagram.jpg

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon

Chrisg149

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2020
It's an Izip CB26. the Specialized stickers were probably bought from Ebay.
Gosh, what a fount of knowledge you are! Any idea about serial number location? Unless it was removed the same time the Specialized stickers were added! Once more thanks again. Chris

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Gosh, what a fount of knowledge you are! Any idea about serial number location? Unless it was removed the same time the Specialized stickers were added! Once more thanks again. Chris
Did you look under the bottom bracket - that's the tube at the bottom of the frame where crank axle goes through.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
What battery does it use? If it's one that goes in that rear rack, you should adjust the rack so that it's as far forward as possible and it looks like it can go down a notch too. That will improve the handling a lot. It looks like 3" forward should be no problem, or 9" without that basket on it.