Can anyone recommend a good ebike repair and battery construction book(s)?

• Thread starter Deleted member 33385
  • Start date

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The four ES threads are barely a scratch of the mass of info on that forum.

There aren't many Brits on their that post, I have posted a few times and there use to be a member on here by the name of d8veh who used to post but is now a deleted member ;).

Reactions: awol

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
People have already written books on the subject. They're a complete waste of time. By the time the bool is written, everything changes, and what they say only applies in specific limited circumstances.

Everything you need to know is written in this forum. All you have to do is find it. Also, there are Youtube videos on how most things work and how to repair things.

Also, there is a good reference section in Endless-sphere, though it has a bias towards American and higher powered stuff.

There's a lot of good stuff on Spinningmagnets' site too:

The whole field of electric bikes is very complicated, though there are simple common principles that apply throughout.
You tube videos are a good source and also this very forum your right .

Reactions: pentiumofborg
D

Deleted member 33385

The four ES threads are barely a scratch of the mass of info on that forum.

There aren't many Brits on their that post, I have posted a few times and there use to be a member on here by the name of d8veh who used to post but is now a deleted member ;).

Really? I'll head on over after work for a looksie. Cheers for the heads up Nealh!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you open the ES door be prepared to get lost, it's like a jungle in there.
The forum is bigger then big, mahoosive in fact it is like the Blackhole never ending.

D

Deleted member 33385

I am spending a fair amount of time moving customers to Office 365 because their on-premise exchange servers are at grave risks of being attacked.
What worries me is some Microsoft partners are given tools and proof of concept codes to break in in the first place.

Hackers hate Krebs, hardly anyone in the world is capable of hosting his website - endless attacks. If you haven't already, it's always worth reading what Krebs has to say:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
If you open the ES door be prepared to get lost, it's like a jungle in there.
The forum is bigger then big, mahoosive in fact it is like the Blackhole never ending.
He'll be OK as long as he doesn't go over the event horizon.

That D8veh isn't deleted on Endless-sphere. He still posts there occasionally. The problem there is that when somebody posts about one of our type bikes, or someone wants a bike that they can actually pedal, all the regular brain dead juggernauts pile in with all sorts of misleading rubbish from their point of reference. They'll all be recommending to get a Cycle Analyst and a Phaserunner controller and stuff like that, so anybody that gave an actual relevant answer got outnumbered by the rest, and the poster never took any notice of the post that could help them.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I know a lot of people who write books. Quite honestly, I'm surprised nobody on this forum has written one about repairing ebikes and batteries. I was expecting someone to say, "Funny you should ask, it just so happens..." Authors I know and have known find it easier than ever to publish through websites such as Lulu.com and Amazon - upload, sell ebooks on Amazon, or physical copies one at a time on Lulu. Most don't sell well. As in music, creation is a labour of love. Technology oriented books sell more reliably than fiction, biographies, autobiographies, historical essays etc. It's true as it ever was: If you want near-certainty of poverty, be an artist. A Pedelecs.co.uk branded ebike repair book might sell. Perhaps an annual featuring best fixes? I'd buy one.
Much as it pains me to say so but on the matter of ebike electrics .. Vfr 400 is about the best source. Now the majority of ebikes are standard bikes and there are loads of bike books . The motor is nearly a sealed box, and the ability of a person to effect repairs will be very limited ..Where will you get the gear wheels?. Batteries are another problem. Without a spot welder repair or replacement of cells is very much hit and miss. . I attempted it years ago with soldering tabbed cells and it was very much hit and miss, I worked but the added thickness of soldering made placement very difficult.

D

Deleted member 33385

If anyone wanted to write a book on ebike repair - a famous but now very regrettably dead author told me "My one rule every day is to write 500 polished words. I may write 2000 words or more, but I must have 500 polished words at the end of the day. After six months, I have another written book."

Reactions: Woosh