can I bypass the ignition on a wisper 905 battery?

Stu33

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
Hi, so i have a 7 yr old wisper 905, but the ignition switch kept giving me problems, now it wont start, can i connect the 2 wires that go into the ignition switch together? i`m guessing this will make the bike auto start? i want to test if the battery is actually working or not..someone said I could make a switch for it, but i dont see the point unless i know its working still....... think it might be at its end......:(

hope someone can advise o_O

Stuart

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Yes, connect them together, it should work. You could fit a switch, or just disconnect/remove battery when not in use.

Stu33

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
thanks for the reply Alan.........so I tried it, bit worried the the battery would explode put my goggles on & everything........and guess what...........IT WORKED!!!!!! i dont expect it to last forever though, will probably get a new battery next year ! :) do you think it`ll be ok to charge even with those 2 wires connecting? its a kettle plug battery

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
The controller will put a small drain on the battery when not in use, so if you can, disconnect while charging. If not, just make sure you disconnect when you take it off charge.