Can you buy a battery on the Cycle to work scheme?

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
As per title?
If I needed to get say a new 500Wh Bosch battery, do the 'rules' allow one to be purchased using the cycle to work scheme?

Anyone done this or know if its possible?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
CTW is for a bike not an ancillary part even a battery critical for it's working.

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
CTW is for a bike not an ancillary part even a battery critical for it's working.
As Tony has kindly linked to:
Rule 3 - what can I get?
The cycle to work scheme is awesome as it enables you to get all manner of cycling gear at a significant discount (whilst also spreading the cost).

You can get any accessory that keeps your bike wheels turnings, for instance:

• Safety accessories - that help keep you and your bike safe; helmets, bike lights, reflectors, mirrors, bells, locks...
  • Essential accessories - necessary to cycle commute; clothing and shoes, mudguards, panniers, backpacks, child safety seats…
  • Components and parts - that keep your bike in great shape; pumps, puncture repair kits, cycle tool kits, tyre sealant, groupsets, wheels, cranksets, cassettes...

However stuff on websites is often a bit generic, and its not super specific on whether an ebike battery is certainly allowed, and also, while I know the last time I did do the CTW scheme, you could get accessories AS WELL as the bike, I can't recall if you could get ONLY the accessories ?