cannot seem to find a 36v 250 watt controller over 15amps

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
hello all it seems it might be possible to deristrict speed limit on a kudos ebike
by connecting/disconnecting a single white/grey wire if the controller has that option.

looking at my controller on kudos cannot see any single wires.
but kudos has 3 pin moter wire, 3 pas led control.
my kt controller from ebc has no single wire connections.

so I thought a quick ebay search for 36v 250w controller with higher amp output than 15 amps would be easy

but cannot find one, plenty of 350w or higher

psw power 36v 250w 15 amps something similar on bms battery but these seem to have something called (torque simulation)) so assume this make an ebike a ts system rather than speed sensor one

the psw power one seems to have lcd/or led control option (pas))

if anyone has a link to a controller that might suite (with speed control option)

or a shunt mode might be the easy option for a bit more grunt

thanks all

D

Deleted member 4366

Torque simulation just means current control. Each level on the PAS gives a different current. They're what you want. PSWpower have 17A and 20A versions as well as 15A. You can adjust any controller's current up to about 22A, though 19A is a safe limit, by adding some solder to the shunt.

You always need to be mindful about how much current your battery can supply. If you go too high, the battery might start cutting out.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
thanks d8veh re the ts query.
psw power do a 15a 24/36v 250w the rest are 36v/48v but are 350w and higher,
my moter is 250W unless i am looking at the wrong item

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
17 A x 36v = 612W, your motor is a 250W one because it is printed on the sticker...

• Agree
D

Deleted member 4366

thanks d8veh re the ts query.
psw power do a 15a 24/36v 250w the rest are 36v/48v but are 350w and higher,
my moter is 250W unless i am looking at the wrong item
Your motor will work with all of them. it's only the battery that you have to worry about.

• Agree

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
looking at my controller on kudos cannot see any single wires.
but kudos has 3 pin moter wire, 3 pas led control.
my kt controller from ebc has no single wire connections.
This is for a Kudos Vita bike? I have never seen one, but it's better to identify what you are working on, And you said the motor is 3 pin. Did you mean it only has three big wires going to it, not three big wires and 5 small ones? Only three wires would indicate you need a sensorless controller.

D

Deleted member 4366

I've got a feeling that Kudos used sensorless motors. You need to check. If it is sensorless, you need the S06P controller, which is a square wave one. There are loads of dual mode controllers on Aliexpress with LCDs for about £40.