Help! Can't change all controller settings Ouxi V8 250W

Av8r

Just Joined
Jul 17, 2023
I bought a Ouxi V8 with 250W motor and without throttle so it's street legal here in the Netherlands. The settings menu was locked with a passcode, which I eventually found.
I can change the P setting for the max speed, the settings to specify I you have a throttle conected and the display brightness setting. All the other P settings are there and have a value but can't be changed. I really wan't the PAS to start earlier, so I want to change P11 which is locked on 3.
Does anyone knows how I can change the locked P settings? Could it be that these settings are hardcoded in the controller??

Attachments

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Im having similar issues with a locked up controller,
Looking at your pic you have some details about the make and model of the controller try looking for alternative firmware options that have been unlocked,
I couldnt find f/w for my JYTCON controller so I threw €40 at a new controller via ebay/China
KT controllers were recommended to me as good configurable options you may also need a KT head unit too in order to configure it?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
One will 100% certainly need to buy a KT display for a KT controller.
Though another display may work/turn on any use will be very limited.

Av8r

Just Joined
Jul 17, 2023
I was just looking at KT controllers, do I need a square or a sinuswave controller. No idea what type my current controller is.

Av8r

Just Joined
Jul 17, 2023
If I change my current display LCD-P3H-V8 for a KT compatible S866 display would that possibly unlock settings? As I understand it settings are made in the display and then send to the controller .

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
KT don't make an S866 display !!!
Theie displays are simply KT LCD1, LCD2, LCD3 etc, etc right through to LCD 12.

For controller dependson how many pins you motor cable has , if it has 8 or 9 pins as most modern hubs have today then you need a sinewave controller.