Can't change Pedal Assist speed limit

Eltommos

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 8, 2023
Bafang BBS01B 36V 250W with 860C display

Speed limit has been set to 15mph on 860C Display

Pedal Assist page - Speed Limit is set to 'By Display's Command'

Bike is suspended on a stand and when turning the pedals by hand the motor continues to assist and does not cut out at 15mph

I've tried by programming the Speed Limit on the Pedal Assist page - changing from 'By Display's Command' and assigning to an Assist Level in the basic settings page. Then reducing the Current and/or Speed percentages for that Assist Level, but again the motor still does not cut out and continues to increase above 15mph

I've successfully reduced the speed to 15mph when using the throttle - but only by assigning a Designated Assist Level on the Throttle Page, then reducing the Speed Limit for that level on the Basics Page. Couldn't get it to reduce by changing only the Speed Limit to 15mph on the Throttle page

Is there anything else I can try?

Would be grateful if you could help on this one

Last edited:

Eltommos

Jan 8, 2023
I had already tried both ways you mentioned but the motor still does not cut out at the designated speed. As the bike is suspended on a support stand there isn't any load on the motor - except for turning the rear wheel, the motor should still cut out at the designated speed shouldn't it?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Could you upload screenshots of your settings screens? Does it cut off a little after the designated speed? It'd be easier to tell if there was a load of some sort (manual tightening of brakes by hand?). Try setting it to cut off assistance more rapidly?

Eltommos

Jan 8, 2023
Basic.gifPedal Assist.gifThrottle.gifLCD.gif

Have tried tried tightening brakes a little and also changing Current Decay from 8 to 4 but still does not cut out at 15mph. As mentioned in earlier post - Throttle cuts out at 15mph/25kph as programmed.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Screenshots of my latest settings are trapped on a dead Western Digital Blue hard drive I'm trying to reanimate, but the only difference to this old one, is that "Keep current" is 100%. The slow start and rapid cutoff work well for maintaining safe control on precarious trails, and when making U-turns, but a bit brutal on the knees when cutoff happens somewhat abruptly at 25km/h

Last edited: