Carrera Crossfire battery charge

Artmuzz

Pedelecer
Jul 10, 2016
Scotland
Every time I fully charge my Carrera Crossfire eBike it only fully charges to 99% and never 100%. Is this normal? It’s been like this all the time since I bought the bike brand new from Halfords a couple of years ago.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Every time I fully charge my Carrera Crossfire eBike it only fully charges to 99% and never 100%. Is this normal? It’s been like this all the time since I bought the bike brand new from Halfords a couple of years ago.
Guessing, the meter is rated accurate to Plus/minus one unit. To me personally, your battery is fully charged...Regards, Andy

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Take a voltage reading from the battery output, if the reading is between 41.5 - 42v then nothing to worry about. Though batteries max charge is 42v, there is very little mah/capacity above 41v and what capacity there is will be used up in matter of a few hundred yds of riding. All a higher voltage reading indicates is a well balanced battery though doesn't necessarily mean a battery has all of it's original mah esp an older one.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Is the battery indicator able to display a third digit, i.e. the '1’ in 100? Maybe 99 is as high as the display goes.