Carrera Crossfire. Cutting out.

Neil5403

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2017
Staffs, England ST15
Hi alll. I haven’t been on here for some time. The wife has a Careera Croossfire that she bought new from Halfords about 3to 4 years ago.
It has always randomly cut out and was a known issue but no-one seemed to know why back then. As her bike still does it has anyone ever found the reason why these bikes cut out for no apparent reason. It can do it anytime but lots of times is when it is rolling downhill at speed.
Is this fixable or do I finally give up?

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
Does the battery come loose in the cradle?

I have seen so many batteries with duct tape holding them down so they don’t shake loose on rough roads.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My bet is it is a temperamental bms issue , something like an oversensitive temp sensor . Likely hood now at 4 years old with no warranty is to swap out the bms for a generic china one.

Neil5403

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2017
Staffs, England ST15
My bet is it is a temperamental bms issue , something like an oversensitive temp sensor . Likely hood now at 4 years old with no warranty is to swap out the bms for a generic china one.
That sounds like a complicated job. How would I know which one I needed?

BootsDave

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2016
Aveyron, France
Hi alll. I haven’t been on here for some time. The wife has a Careera Croossfire that she bought new from Halfords about 3to 4 years ago.
It has always randomly cut out and was a known issue but no-one seemed to know why back then. As her bike still does it has anyone ever found the reason why these bikes cut out for no apparent reason. It can do it anytime but lots of times is when it is rolling downhill at speed.
Is this fixable or do I finally give up?
I’m not sure if I’m remembering correctly, but I believe there was an issue with the connector to the motor. I think it’s located on the chainstay.
Cheers Dave