Carrera Crossfire-e/Vulcan owners, new replacement battery, charger and mount £240

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Hi all,
I've just noticed yosepower are selling the Phylion sf-06 11.6ah battery with charger and mount for about £240 delivered, looks identical to that used on the Crossfire-e and Vulcan models (not the very latest model).

Last edited:
Reactions: wheeliepete

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Looks like a great deal for anybody with an older Crossfire/Vulcan which still works. ;)
Lol,
4.5k miles, daily driver, in all weathers, never let me down (apart from the odd snapped spoke)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If your spokes are snapping get the rim rebuilt with Sapim strongs or re - tensioned, done properly they shouldn't snap.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
If your spokes are snapping get the rim rebuilt with Sapim strongs or re - tensioned, done properly they shouldn't snap.
Yep, I got a quote for having the motor hub rebuilt with a strong ebike suitable rim (angled eyelets) and sapim strong spokes from a wheel builder who had experience with ebikes, might do this in the future. In the meantime have got it down to about 20-30 mins without having to take the wheel off. Replace with Sapim strong spokes, none of those have since snapped (i put a small bit of insulating tape around the spoke to show it's been swapped)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I use normal bike rims without to much issue, eyelets are a good option.
I did have one cheap rim where the nipple pulled through.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I think I need a trip to Specsavers: I read that as I use normal bike without rims

bikes4gites

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 27, 2020
Hi all,
I've just noticed yosepower are selling the Phylion sf-06 11.6ah battery with charger and mount for about £240 delivered, looks identical to that used on the Crossfire-e and Vulcan models (not the very latest model).

Has anyone actually purchased this Yose Power battery and confirmed it's compatibility with the older Crossfire?