Carrera Crossfire with MPH?

Dog George

Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2016
Rock, Cornwall
I've just read the latest review on the Halfords Website & the new owner states that he has changed KPH to MPH on his display! Has anyone else heard of this on maybe a new version that has just been released?

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol

redcup1999

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2016
Bristol
You are a legend!

I have tried all sorts of button combinations to do this.

For the avoidance of doubt the secret is:
Press and hold the "i" button for approximately 5 seconds and it toggles between KPH and MPH.

This works for my "new style" (non-animal display).

Out of interest did you get a manual with the display that told you this? (I have the new display, but the manual has no mention of this functionality).

Laney137

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 7, 2017
Retford
Ha ha thanks for the compliment.

If I'm honest when I collected my bike and saw the non animal screen I thought they'd gave me an old system so I questioned this the bloke behind the counter assured me it was a new system.

As soon as I was outside I the shop I started messing with the bike (I'm always messing with stuff) and found the mph change totally by accident as your right there is no mention of this in the menu.

Reactions: LeighPing

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Just found that Halfords are now selling the official spare battery and charger for the crossfire-e, £350 for the battery and £36 for the charger...all we need now is a 10% flash sale and pickup from store present your British Cycling membership for another 10%, that'll bring the battery down to an acceptable £270

Battery
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/electric-bikes/suntour-battery-pack-ebba-16-ph3612dta-gy

Charger
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/electric-bikes/suntour-battery-charger-ebbc16-ph3602b

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Artmuzz

Pedelecer
Jul 10, 2016
Scotland
Shame there is no way to change from KPH to MPH on the old display. It would of been great if Halfords sold the new display for the Crossfire-E.

lovedoves

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 1, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne
bought mine last year with the animal display..will there be no way of updating the software?

Mind you its doing wonders for my mental arithmetic as i keep converting it in my head o_O

should ward off the alzheimer's for a couple more years....

should ward off the alzheimer's for a couple more years.... :confused:

• :D
Reactions: GizmoUK