carrera crossfuse good price

oggie

Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2017
chester
cycle republic are selling the carrera crossfuse for £1,460 as to Halfords £1,600.
I asked my local Halfords if they would price match, the manager agreed they would, I pushed it further and requested forces discount schemes 10%, he agreed they would include that discount as well. So i'm down to £1,314 now for the crossfuse. hrrrm interest free credit? YES over 12 months.

SHMBO agreed I could have it, if I sell my crossfire first, sounds a bril deal to me

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Don't forget quidco or topcashback and zeek gift cards, should knock another 100 quid off or so

MikeS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2018
Well worth the money. My Crossfuse is at 1200 miles now and only one thing went wrong - bolts that hold the front sprocket to the boss(?) were backing out. Halfords put some threadlock on for me and they have been fine. Mind you I have been having problems with gear indexing. Changed inner and outer cables and have concluded that it's a combination of poor routing of the outer cable and cold weather increasing the viscosity of oils and greases so that the return spring of the shimano derailieur isn't quite up to overcoming it.
Mike

Andy McNish

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
Any bike with the 3rd gen Activeline Plus Motor on it for under £1500 is very good value IMHO. It's a great touring motor.

Well done...

What can you get for your Crossfire?

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Crossfuse £1280 at Halfords at the moment, I am getting tempted......
Wow, great price. Easy to get another 10% off in store with various discount printouts or bc discount and 3-4% quidco or topcashback if reserved online for store pickup. So close to £1100, bargain

corsur

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 24, 2019
Yep £1280 at this time. And if you got a British Cycling membership another 10% of the price. Had to buy it. You wont find a better spec bike anywhere at that money.

Reactions: Andy McNish