Carrera Crossroads HESC controller mode flashing (no power to pedals)

Chrismac

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 4, 2021
Help
My HESC controller on my Carrera crossroads e bike the controller on the handle bars the mode lights are flashing there is no error message on the controller.
I have checked the battery it is fully charged also I have disconnected the controller and checked the connection I have also checked the motor connection all seems well.
Has anyone have any ideas why the mode settings are flashing there are 3 levels and when i change between them they still flash.

Chris

victorian1855

Just Joined
Oct 4, 2023
Hello Chris, I have just been given Carrera that has the exact same fault as your bike.
Have you had any new development on finding the fault? Regards, Ray

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
That's not a fault that's listed in the Suntour Manual for that bike... so it may be something as simple as damp/condensation in the display (which often causes issues not documented in the manual). It may be worth removing and putting it in a warm cupboard for a few days to see if that cures it?

Otherwise, given it's a Suntour branded membrane display not commonly used on any other bike (or AFAIK even any other Halfords bike) it may be worth a trip to Halfords to see what they've got in their under-the-counter spares bucket.