Carrera impel im-3 Derestric

vidtek

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2015
Bournemouth BH12
bosch already sells software options like the lock function via there software and tesla does the same thing as the car comes fully loaded but you need to pay per month to unlock them all.

when software is locked to the end user to conform with laws like speed limits you will never get that access as you might get the right to repair but you dont have the right to tamper with something to do something it was not meant to do like go 100mph on a ebike and go 300mph down the motor way in a self driving car.
Agreed, that would not be in the remit, that was never mooted by my post.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well im fooked then but what really pisses me of is all they need is a refoam kit to be glued back on, but at least i can fix them at a price £300 for a recone kit or £630 for a new driver plus vat and postage :mad:

DSC_0064_03.JPG

that will fit the gap but the D is to wide and wont fit back in the hole/ wave guide and as far as i can tell genelec is the only one to use this mid range 5inc driver but i cant even find out who makes it for them as they dont make speaker drivers.

PITA!

Reactions: vidtek

vidtek

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2015
Bournemouth BH12
Well Bosh don't supply parts for motor repairs to the end user, except for the crank bearing seal kit.
They will have no choice but to supply ALL spares and information, it is now the law.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
They are only obliged to keep spares for 10 years, so you are out of luck my friend.
Does this only apply to new goods from now on, or would a 5 year old gizmo be covered?

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
leave the bike restricted, you'll travel further on one charge, your battery will last longer, and you'll be getting more exercise..plus you'll have no concerns around the legality if you get stopped by the police or get involved in an accident

Reactions: vidtek

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
One would think the implementation if at all viable will be from the date it is to be introduced or a form a preset given date.
Who knows ?

vidtek

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2015
Bournemouth BH12